MTS-Blink TOYPAJ

I had sent an email some time back to SRC when they announce the exclusive distro of MTS' new Blink pressings. I told them that laying in bed with companies like MTS and Suburban Home and acting as a shield to their shitty business practices only a) enables them to fuck with kids and B) drags down their own reputation. Instead of using their place in this community to get their friends to deliver and make things right, they are all too happy to jump on board if it means making a buck.

I told them my final order for now was the Horrible Crows 7". I might miss out on some exclusives but Interpunk is my new go-to distro. Maybe when all this shit gets sorted out I'll go back but in my business I don't support those who knowingly rip off members of the film community and I won't do it in my hobbies either.

no disrespect to travis but if this board gets handed over to anyone it should be to a handful of longtime regulars who have zero affiliation with any business. we've already seen how that plays out twice over.

i think a lot of people have forgot that when virgil handed this board off, he did so collectively (no pun intended) to SRC and MTS/AFS who basically wanted to use it as a tool to sell records. yeah, its nice that it stuck around vs. virgil wiping it off the face of the internet but i dont know why this is so surprising. it also appears there is a larger(ish) group of people buying records from SRC that do not exist in this "VC bubble" and simply do not give a fuck what they do or who they affiliate themselves with (otherwise they wouldnt do it). voting with your wallet is the way to go, but still - i dont think this is a shocking revelation.

no disrespect to travis but if this board gets handed over to anyone it should be to a handful of longtime regulars who have zero affiliation with any business. we've already seen how that plays out twice over.

most of the longest time posters here all have an affiliation will a label/distro/zine... thats probably why we all stuck around ;)

How is SRC fuckin people over? Maybe I've yet to have a bad experience with them but I also don't wanna have to read 89 pages worth to figure out how or why they are supposedly doing this. Educate me, please.

1. theyre getting involved in a mess where people are already getting fucked over.

2. theyre selling these "out of print" records that havent even been made yet, that people paid $20 for like 8 months ago and still havent received, and charging triple the price on them.

I dont really want to run this board and even if I did, I dont really think SRC is going to hand it over haha.

Id prefer to just keep doing what Im doing.

you're right, SRC would never give up VC as it is a great marketing tool for their store and has a wealth of data from its users.

i really wonder how much virgil got, if anything, to hand it all over.

How is SRC fuckin people over? Maybe I've yet to have a bad experience with them but I also don't wanna have to read 89 pages worth to figure out how or why they are supposedly doing this. Educate me, please.

1. theyre getting involved in a mess where people are already getting fucked over.

2. theyre selling these "out of print" records that havent even been made yet, that people paid $20 for like 8 months ago and still havent received, and charging triple the price on them.

Well now, I can understand the frustration towards them. I just hope I don't have to wait as long as that but now I can't say that I'm suprised if it does happens. Were the ones bought 8 months ago also bundled with the 3x7"? Or just the one LP itself was 20 bucks?

Well now, I can understand the frustration towards them. I just hope I don't have to wait as long as that but now I can't say that I'm suprised if it does happens. Were the ones bought 8 months ago also bundled with the 3x7"? Or just the one LP itself was 20 bucks?

You should really read the thread before you acquiesce SRC's involvement with RJ's intrusive buttfucking.

I should rephrase myself, I meant that if I do end up waiting a while, I can't complain cause I'm sure someone would say "I told you so". Personally I've not had any issues with SRC when it comes to pricing and their overall business. But I just like to try and at least understand someones logic to their opinion, I misspoke :/