MTS-Blink TOYPAJ

I will be printing "I preordered TOYPAJ from MTS & all I got was this shirt" shirts as soon as I can get my brother's schedule aligned w/ mine. He has all the screenprinting knowledge, so I have to wait til he has a couple days off. Shirts will probably be $5 including postage. I'm looking to lose some more money for a laugh. Probably limited to 25 or so. Will post more info as soon as I figure everything out. Feel free to make suggestions for what the text should say. Maybe I'll do the RIP MTS & supchillinbro or whatever his username is on the back.

i want one as well!

No idea what the price will be if/when this finally gets repressed thru HT. I think it will eventually but Im not going to move forward with it until the band is cool with it. If this happens Im sure the bonus tracks will be included in which case it will likely be more than $20. Going to try and keep it as close to $20 as I can though.

Do I deserve a shirt? I don't know.

There is an upside - this dude will never reissue Quicksand's "Slip" now. I think Flood should do it. Hit me up for money if needed. I can't believe I just paid $40 for an LP that defines 1993 - it should be out there for all.

With you 100% there and $40 you got lucky I'd pay that any day of the week for an original.

Do I deserve a shirt? I don't know.

There is an upside - this dude will never reissue Quicksand's "Slip" now. I think Flood should do it. Hit me up for money if needed. I can't believe I just paid $40 for an LP that defines 1993 - it should be out there for all.

With 100% and $40 you got lucky I'd pay that any day of the week for an original.

I don't feel terrible about it but man, why wasn't Quicksand the biggest band of the 1990's? I mean it. Slip and Manic Compression are near perfection and their influence is felt to this day. Seriously, I'm in a Blink thread telling you that if you don't know these albums but care about TOYPAJ then you are wasting your time. I'll sit on my high horse all day on this one - seriously, get out of this thread and go buy Quicksand albums, I guarantee you will be a better person for it.

With 100% and $40 you got lucky I'd pay that any day of the week for an original.

I don't feel terrible about it but man, why wasn't Quicksand the biggest band of the 1990's? I mean it. Slip and Manic Compression are near perfection and their influence is felt to this day. Seriously, I'm in a Blink thread telling you that if you don't know these albums but care about TOYPAJ then you are wasting your time. I'll sit on my high horse all day on this one - seriously, get out of this thread and go buy Quicksand albums, I guarantee you will be a better person for it.

I wonder the same thing about Drive like Jehu's Yank crime.

I wonder the same thing about Drive like Jehu's Yank crime.

I'm lucky to own this myself on lp awesome record also.

I wonder how many Such Gold repress 7"s he has left, and how he'll manage to get rid of them....Maybe just give/sell them to the band, but there's no way MTS will be a label after this obviously.

SRC will buy them off him.

Not even the band has theirs. I should have never bought that from mts either

No idea what the price will be if/when this finally gets repressed thru HT. I think it will eventually but Im not going to move forward with it until the band is cool with it. If this happens Im sure the bonus tracks will be included in which case it will likely be more than $20. Going to try and keep it as close to $20 as I can though.

any chance of pressing extra copies of whatever you do for the bonus tracks seeing as how so many people already bought 2 pressings of TOYPAJ?

Anybody else just waiting it out?

I mean yeah RJ dropped the ball hard on this one. But he's not a criminal. I don't think he's trying to jet with upwards of 100k in his pocket.

I have no idea when this will actually come out, but I'm sure it eventually will. I'm not filling a claim, just hoping that I eventually get my record.

Anyone else in the same boat?

I mean yeah RJ dropped the ball hard on this one. But he's not a criminal. I don't think he's trying to jet with upwards of 100k in his pocket.

I have no idea when this will actually come out, but I'm sure it eventually will. I'm not filling a claim, just hoping that I eventually get my record.

You're kidding right?! Please tell me you're kidding........

any chance of pressing extra copies of whatever you do for the bonus tracks seeing as how so many people already bought 2 pressings of TOYPAJ?

were on 151 pages for this botched release... im pretty sure people still want to buy this record.

this dude's so stoned he thinks 4/20 is april fool's!!

But he's not a criminal. I don't think he's trying to jet with upwards of 100k in his pocket.

You sure about that?

It was his plan all along. He lured people into trusting him by delaying all his releases, but then releasing them eventually, making people believe they'd always get the records from him eventually.

It built up to this release where he packed on the records he knew people would eat up and jacked the prices a bit, and is making off with the money. He knew most people would wait it out past the 45 day Paypal return period because they always got their records in the past.

I'm guessing he's somewhere in South America now, living it up.

But he's not a criminal. I don't think he's trying to jet with upwards of 100k in his pocket.

You sure about that?

I've went out with Such Gold a few times in the beginning when he used to manage them, which is how I originally met him. He was always really nice to me/them. I've bought 50+ records off him at cost for my distro (including 10 of these unfortunately) and have always gotten them. I think he just bit off WAAAAYY more than he can handle. And has made 100 more mistakes since then on the right way to handle the situation. He's a fucking dummy, but no I don't think he's a criminal.

I also feel like Blink is on our (the fans/people who bought the record) side. Worse case scenario, Blink pulls out of his rights of doing this and I think we'll be refunded.

So I take it I'm alone on this one?