MTS-Blink TOYPAJ

A question for the international buyers (specifically Australian), which shipping option did you choose?

edit - dont worry, bought it

• 1 month later...
Yeah, there hasn't been any updates/photos or anything so I wouldn't be counting on it shipping on or before the release date.

I give it another week before we get the "sorry guys, there was a problem at the pressing plant we're shooting for a month from now til release" email or board post. However, I will gladly eat my words and socks to see this ship on time!

this album is 10 years old right? everybody's heard it already, universal released their version of it already....i don't quite understand why anybody would be bummed out that they had to wait another month or so. thusfar all of the MTS 10-year anniversary and deluxe re-issues or whatever have been really nice packages...the guy could just throw together a simple release like Universal does or you guys can just chill and wait for this to arrive....again, it's not like this album is hot new release that everybody is itching to hear for the first time

so this thread that was thankfully dormant for over a month got bumped because some moron wants to know if people started getting this record more than two weeks before the slated release date. i wish there was virtual reality technology available that would allow me to reach out and slap some of you in the face.

so this thread that was thankfully dormant for over a month got bumped because some moron wants to know if people started getting this record more than two weeks before the slated release date. i wish there was virtual reality technology available that would allow me to reach out and slap some of you in the face.

PREACH!!!

PREACH!!!

Sorry, greymundos...

[image]

this album is 10 years old right? everybody's heard it already, universal released their version of it already....i don't quite understand why anybody would be bummed out that they had to wait another month or so. thusfar all of the MTS 10-year anniversary and deluxe re-issues or whatever have been really nice packages...the guy could just throw together a simple release like Universal does or you guys can just chill and wait for this to arrive....again, it's not like this album is hot new release that everybody is itching to hear for the first time

Completely agree with you that MTS has done a really nice job with their packaging and whatnot which is what sets them apart from the Universal releases, but is it really necessary to do a pre-order 2 months in advance before test presses have even been approved? Not only is the pre-order 2 months ahead, but then it seems like something always gets delayed and we end up waiting for 4 months after we pay. RJ knows these are all going to sell so why can't he wait until the records are on their way from the plant or at least until the tests have been approved and he has a better timeline on when they'll be out.

why can't he wait until the records are on their way from the plant or at least until the tests have been approved and he has a better timeline on when they'll be out.

most likely because the pre-order is paying for the actual pressing of the records. which is something i really hate. if you don't have the money to press something without using money made from pre-orders you probably should not be pressing said album.

Completely agree with you that MTS has done a really nice job with their packaging and whatnot which is what sets them apart from the Universal releases, but is it really necessary to do a pre-order 2 months in advance before test presses have even been approved? Not only is the pre-order 2 months ahead, but then it seems like something always gets delayed and we end up waiting for 4 months after we pay. RJ knows these are all going to sell so why can't he wait until the records are on their way from the plant or at least until the tests have been approved and he has a better timeline on when they'll be out.

@birdwell it's the simple fact that no one likes to wait any longer for a two month pre-order, yes, the music has been out for 10 years, we get that. I can only speak for myself but a vinyl fan/collector I want the product I paid for and I want it on time. MTS does an amazing job with the aesthetics they put into their releases and I'm excited to get a "proper" release for this. However, bitching about the delay that will inevitably happen, is going to happen, will I be pissed? Certainly, but what can I do? Order delays are part of the vinyl game from indie dealers. So, really I can't bitch, but we all know what's going to happen next week.

@shenanigans, I believe it been stated several times that MTS needs the money up front to even press the records because they don't generate the capital to press albums (material, licensing fees etc, etc) which is why they do drawn out p/o's. Obviously, this is hear say on my part, just what i've read on vc and other boards.

most likely because the pre-order is paying for the actual pressing of the records. which is something i really hate. if you don't have the money to press something without using money made from pre-orders you probably should not be pressing said album.

That's my thought and I completely agree with you. I'm pretty sure he's got a real job so it's not like he's using this money to pay his bills. Why can't he recycle the money he's made from all the other blink pressings back into his company rather than taking people's money for 4 months before sending them a record. If it was any band but Blink he'd have to do a kickstarter.