Alien Ant Farm on Vinyl (Discussion)

How do you feel about "Homage" though? I kind of don't like it....

I could see it being easily digestible to the general public (the same with Let Them Know, which reminds me a lot of the Smashing Pumpkins - Adore), it's not my personal favorite or necessarily something I'll listen to often but it doesn't offend me, the other tracks hold their weight and I think this EP is a good demonstration of their talent and how they can pretty much do anything they want.

Nope....they like to use the excuse that items cannot be shipped until the actual new record comes out. And we FINALLY have a release month. Supposedly it is coming in January 2015.  :rolleyes:

That's a shame because Anthology was the only thing I listened to as a kid. Would be a great $10 find in a used record shop, but $50...wow. I don't even know how to justify the price tag on that quality of music.  :o

• 7 months later...

I'm not going to lie. I'd buy the shit out of anthology. That was my 8th/9th grade jam. I loved AAF until I met the lead singer drunk (he was a dick), but I still liked 'em after that. Bummed that this may not see day light ever.

In theory, this idea seemed #focused.

In reality is was #wrong...#wrong...#somethingaboutrain

#rainydayvibes

Gotta say I wonder if they ever were getting pressed. If they were, they'd have paid for them, and if they had they'd never be able to afford refunding them all.

Whole thing has been a bit of a mess really, and they weren't that great when I saw them a few weeks ago, but I'd love that album on vinyl.

When I talked to the guys back in April, they said there was initial confusion and their team thought the pledegs were to press Always And Forever and Dryden was like "No, the money is for ANThology and Greatest Hits" So up until last month the guys were trying to get the albums pressed and did not know how labor intensive it is and they were trying to find "connections" to help speed up the process. 

I have been writing and keeping in touch with the PledgeMusic group and AAF team for the last year and a half saying- "guys, I know the alubm isn't out yet, but you need to begin pressing the vinyl records - that takes a long time....etc...." I kept on them about it and no one cared and in this meantime they were changing management again and things got really screwed up. 

When I talked to the guys back in April, they said there was initial confusion and their team thought the pledegs were to press Always And Forever and Dryden was like "No, the money is for ANThology and Greatest Hits" So up until last month the guys were trying to get the albums pressed and did not know how labor intensive it is and they were trying to find "connections" to help speed up the process.

I have been writing and keeping in touch with the PledgeMusic group and AAF team for the last year and a half saying- "guys, I know the alubm isn't out yet, but you need to begin pressing the vinyl records - that takes a long time....etc...." I kept on them about it and no one cared and in this meantime they were changing management again and things got really screwed up.

I honestly think they don't understand the "marketplace" these days. A "record label owner" had mentioned in the past that he reached out to them several times to press at least their first album and their management would always give him the run around.

I backed out of my pledge when they started delaying the recording, they still sent me a CD copy. This album isn't bad, but they definitely threw a few ultra radio friendly tracks on it.

With that said, Sympatico is easily one of the best songs they've ever written.

• 6 years later...