Vising Portland for MFNW

cj

I'm heading to Portland at the beginning of September for MFNW and other than the music festival I dont know what else I should be doing there.

We're going to eat really well and drink a ton, so aside from Voodoo Donuts and the Rogue Brewery does anybody have any recommendations of places we shouldnt miss? Doesnt matter if the places are expensive or not either.

I'm also trying to figure out if it's possible to cruise down to the sand dunes and then get back to the city for around 4PM...

What else should I see? I know there are a few people on here from Portland and no idea is a bad one.

Thanks!!

Bridgeport brewery has $3 pints all day and night every Monday. Their food is great too.

Hair of the Dog brewery has some excellent beer but the hours are pretty limited.

Deschutes brewery always has some great limited stuff on tap that you can't buy anywhere else.

I'm a huge fan of Rogue. Sign up for Rogue Nation (it's free) and you get 75 cents off every pint.

The Pied Cow is a nice place to chill. It's an old house and you can either sit in the converted living room or in the big backyard, where you can order a hookah, beer, wine, cheese platters, sandwiches, stuff like that.

Ole Ole serves my favorite burritos of all time. Plus they're huge and they only cost $4.

You mentioned Voodoo, but I've gotta say, I'm not a fan at all. I feel like they're pure novelty. People get a kick out of ordering a "cock and balls" or "blazer blunt" or whatever, but the fact is they're about the worst tasting donuts I've had.

You of course need to go to Powell's if you like books even a little bit.

And there are bunch of record stores worth checking out, which you probably already know about.

Not to threadjack but I am headed to Portland in a couple of weeks for the first time since I was a kid. Me and the girlfriend plan on hitting up the Zoo and Powell's for sure. Any recommendations on a hotel (Somewhere decent to nice, not looking to spend over $100 a night), particular record stores to go to, or anything else cool to do.

Brian

i kind of forgot about this thread... thanks for the ideas.

we're going to rent bikes to cruise around with so i'm hoping that we'll be able to see a bunch of shit.

i imagine we'll be a bit busy with concerts, but if anybody from here wants to try to meet up for a beer let me know and i'll definitely try to work it out