Moving 10 minutes away. Should I take precautions?

fuck moving. shit. i worked in a used book store for 8 years. i would always laugh at everyone coming to sell their stuff for pennies on the dollar because they were moving or getting married. now i found an awesome place, but i have so much stuff. probably over a thousand books, over a thousand cds, 500+ records, etc. i'm screwed. someone come get this shit from me. just make it disappear. its a little overwhelming considering i hadn't thought about moving at all a week ago, but now i'm supposed to move in the new place on the 1st. throw in the fact that the lady & i are going to be out of town all weekend. fun stuff. at least i have my other place through august & she can take however long she wants since she's coming from her parents.

fuck moving. shit. i worked in a used book store for 8 years. i would always laugh at everyone coming to sell their stuff for pennies on the dollar because they were moving or getting married. now i found an awesome place, but i have so much stuff. probably over a thousand books, over a thousand cds, 500+ records, etc. i'm screwed. someone come get this shit from me. just make it disappear. its a little overwhelming considering i hadn't thought about moving at all a week ago, but now i'm supposed to move in the new place on the 1st. throw in the fact that the lady & i are going to be out of town all weekend. fun stuff. at least i have my other place through august & she can take however long she wants since she's coming from her parents.

i mean, he did ask for it

Don't listen to these people. You are going to fuck up your records.

Anytime you expose records to outside air, they should be packaged individually in mailers. Pull each record out of the jacket and the sleeve. Put the sleeve back inside the jackets. Make sure to tape any insert to the inside of the jacket, because it may get damaged if it slides around.

Make sure to let your car run for a good 30 minutes with the air conditioner on 3 (not 4.) That will normalize the air in the car. Do NOT put any records in the car prior to the normalization of the air. I repeat: Do NOT put any records in the car prior to the normalization of the air.

When you get to your new place make sure to run a radon test. You do not want high radon levels, or the vinyl will degenerate in a matter of hours.

Hope that helps.