Thrice - Major Minor PO

Lol. Am I the only one who feels The Illusion Of Safety is their best?

A perfect melodic hardcore album. So fast, so aggressive, so technical, so creative.

The Illusion Of Saftey made my 14 year old self a way better guitar player. Endless nights of mastering The Beltsville Crucible really did me in.

Agreed. I'm probably in the minority but I rarely listen to pre Vheissu thrice

Same here. I started listening to Thrice when Identity Crisis came out, and loved each album as they came out. But, to me, while I still really like TIOS and TAITA, and they have a lot of nostalgia for me, they feel much more...juvenile sounds too derogatory, but something like that. I feel like they grew as a band as my musical interests matured. I really only listen to their albums before Vheissu when I'm feeling nostalgic. I feel like if they were to write anything similar in nature to TIOS or TAITA, it would be a huge step back for them musically. That being said, those early albums still mean a lot to me.

TIOS is far and away my favorite Thrice album. Artist is a distant second then Identity Crisis and Vheissu after that. Never really cared for anything after that nearly as much as those first 4 records.

Thought I couldn't like you any more, but I guess the world is a pretty unpredictable place!

Is Vheissi right around the time you started getting into Thrice? If so, I could understand that.

The exact time. I sometimes listen to TAITA as well, but rarely. It's still a great album.

The first time I saw Thrice was at Warped Tour before Vheissu dropped. They were teaching the crowd how to sing Image of the Invisible. That's so funny to think back on.

The exact time. I sometimes listen to TAITA as well, but rarely. It's still a great album.

The first time I saw Thrice was at Warped Tour before Vheissu dropped. They were teaching the crowd how to sing Image of the Invisible. That's so funny to think back on.

i remember that! i remember thinking.. oh man this record is gonna be interesting. 

I think I've stood next to you at a Thrice show or two.

I apoloigize, I should've made it clearer that I was attempting to make a joke- albeit a bad one. I'm usually the one at the show who is having watery light beer spilled all over them by someone shouting "PLAY DEADBOLT!" 

All poor jokes and passive-aggressive complaining aside, I'm really looking forward to whatever they release next. That being said, I'm an avid all of their previous efforts as well.

I apoloigize, I should've made it clearer that I was attempting to make a joke- albeit a bad one. I'm usually the one at the show who is having watery light beer spilled all over them by someone shouting "PLAY DEADBOLT!"

All poor jokes and passive-aggressive complaining aside, I'm really looking forward to whatever they release next. That being said, I'm an avid all of their previous efforts as well.

I think I caught your angle; my post was also a jab at the frat boys who can't seem to get over that track. It's always a treat to see live, but it's hardly the reason to catch Thrice, for me.

I think I caught your angle; my post was also a jab at the frat boys who can't seem to get over that track. It's always a treat to see live, but it's hardly the reason to catch Thrice, for me.

100%

Also, I unfortunately missed them when they played most recently in Chicago (for both riot fest and the after show) due to a wedding that weekend; massive, massive bummer. A good friend of mine who attended bought a PLAY DEADBOLT shirt for me because he knows how much I appreciate those folk. 

• 6 years later...