eBay bologna

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No need for anyone to get nasty. I just wanted to know if I was just being a dick or if I was right. Just a friendly conversation :)

You're 100% right. It's happened to me twice and I've come out happy both times. The seller intentionally lied to you (made even more obvious by his listing #267/300 of the same record) about it being #1/300, so if you open a claim and show your proof, ebay will rectify it.

No need for anyone to get nasty. I just wanted to know if I was just being a dick or if I was right. Just a friendly conversation :)

You're 100% right. It's happened to me twice and I've come out happy both times. The seller intentionally lied to you (made even more obvious by his listing #267/300 of the same record) about it being #1/300, so if you open a claim and show your proof, ebay will rectify it.

Of course you're not being a dick. The listing was purposely deceptive. However, this is the wrong place to come looking for sympathy. Even though there are endless numbers of variants and numbered limited editions, apparently the record companies and distros are just doing that for the hell of it, because "its all about the music".

Of course you're not being a dick. The listing was purposely deceptive. However, this is the wrong place to come looking for sympathy. Even though there are endless numbers of variants and numbered limited editions, apparently the record companies and distros are just doing that for the hell of it, because "its all about the music".

is this a serious thread? who cares what the number is? if you bought it for any other reason than the music, you are doing something wrong. what is with these "collector" threads lately? Guess Crosley stock has probably went up at least.

didn't know you were the vinyl police. who are you to say who should and shouldn't buy vinyl? yes vinyl was originally made to listen to, but if that was the only reason people bought it then why would labels be pressing different colors and not just black?

#1/300 means it is numbered 1 out of 300

/300 means there's 300 and its not numbered

if the other one went for less because it wasn't #1 then you should be able to get it for that price - some people are picky about these things. If I had the choice of #7 or #426 I'd take 7. Gotta be prime!

is this a serious thread? who cares what the number is? if you bought it for any other reason than the music, you are doing something wrong. what is with these "collector" threads lately? Guess Crosley stock has probably went up at least.

didn't know you were the vinyl police. who are you to say who should and shouldn't buy vinyl? yes vinyl was originally made to listen to, but if that was the only reason people bought it then why would labels be pressing different colors and not just black?

if the other one went for less because it wasn't #1 then you should be able to get it for that price - some people are picky about these things. If I had the choice of #7 or #426 I'd take 7. Gotta be prime!

hooray for prime numbers!

hooray for prime numbers!

wow, way to read between the lines!! I was totally telling this guy to not buy records. Way to go chief.

wow, way to read between the lines!! I was totally telling this guy to not buy records. Way to go chief.

just to let you know guys when something says 1/300 (unless it's indicated it's hand#'d) it's usually a vague meaning for 1 copy or 300. it's been like that for longer than Tawny Kitaen was seen dancing on cars in a Whitesnake video. but since it was said the copy was handnumbered the OP was given false info. but if you got a #'d copy, who cares. good luck on getting a refund if you so chose (not being flippant).