Borders Going Out of Business

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The sale is up to 40% fiction at the store I went to. Anyone picking up anything? Any recommendations?

I just picked up The Mysteries of Pittsbugh by Michael Chabon, Evolution: What the Fossils Say by Donald Prothero and Dance Dance Dance by Haruki Murakami for under 30 bucks.

The selection is getting pretty low at the two stores I've gone to. People were jumping on this when it was only 20% off, which is weird because Borders has always had 33%-40% off coupons weekly. Anyway, all the fiction books I picked up, or looked at, were under 10 bucks, mostly around 8.

The selection is getting pretty low at the two stores I've gone to. People were jumping on this when it was only 20% off, which is weird because Borders has always had 33%-40% off coupons weekly. Anyway, all the fiction books I picked up, or looked at, were under 10 bucks, mostly around 8.

Guest markovianprocess
Haven't these been going out of business for the last couple years. Different waves of store closings.

The one in the centre of Glasgow, Scotland went out of business about 2 years ago now. It was just too expensive really, and all it was good for was as a meeting place.

I'm not really saddened to see these sorts of places disappear at all, I'm pretty happy with my Kindle. You charge it once a month, it takes up less space in your bag and it's lighter than most paperbacks. Books are also sometimes noticeably cheaper, and they aren't taking up space on my shelves. Seems like a good deal to me.

Guest markovianprocess
Haven't these been going out of business for the last couple years. Different waves of store closings.

The one in the centre of Glasgow, Scotland went out of business about 2 years ago now. It was just too expensive really, and all it was good for was as a meeting place.

I'm not really saddened to see these sorts of places disappear at all, I'm pretty happy with my Kindle. You charge it once a month, it takes up less space in your bag and it's lighter than most paperbacks. Books are also sometimes noticeably cheaper, and they aren't taking up space on my shelves. Seems like a good deal to me.