new tattoo appresh

Thanks! Yeah I talked with a few of them during the convention! Jessica is so cool.

She really is!  She just bought an abandoned school to turn the whole thing into a tattoo/art studio.  it's gonna be amazing.  The same exact building she bought, Mushroomhead just shot a music video in, lol.

Depends on where you are. In some places a sleeve that takes 16 hours could cost you over $3000

Also depends on how big your arms are.

I spent about 25 hours an arm about $5k per arm roughly....

Done every few weeks by Tim Lehi....not cheap by any means since he trained under several tattoo masters but so worth it.

If I could save up enough I would go to Japan and get some traditional work done to finish my incomplete bodysuit but that will take some time and planning. Until then I will just keep saving. 

And as for pain...nothing feels as wonderful as getting your head and back of scalp worked on......

If someone told me that they take that long to complete a sleeve---I would find someone else. That's a really long time and definitely reflects experience or lack of. 

I have sat thru various friends sleeves and 16 hours is fast! I have had the opportunity of watching some very highly respected artists work and it would easily take them 20 hours do finish a full sleeve....so not sure where you are getting your stats from. But I must say I am around folks with large arms...6'4 250 lb folk with massive trunks! Speed does not equate to quality that I know of. Although I did get work from Don E Hardy in 1999 and he finished a komodo dragon on my leg in 2 hours....that was damn fast considering the fact he was not tattooing except for a few pieces left to finish and he could not sit for long times like the old days. I was lucky and it was a favor owed to a family member....they did not want the ink so the offer was passed on to me. 

I have sat thru various friends sleeves and 16 hours is fast! I have had the opportunity of watching some very highly respected artists work and it would easily take them 20 hours do finish a full sleeve....so not sure where you are getting your stats from. But I must say I am around folks with large arms...6'4 250 lb folk with massive trunks! Speed does not equate to quality that I know of. Although I did get work from Don E Hardy in 1999 and he finished a komodo dragon on my leg in 2 hours....that was damn fast considering the fact he was not tattooing except for a few pieces left to finish and he could not sit for long times like the old days. I was lucky and it was a favor owed to a family member....they did not want the ink so the offer was passed on to me. 

Getting my stats from sitting and being tattooed over the years---including tebori which, as you know, is very slow. 

Getting my stats from sitting and being tattooed over the years---including tebori which, as you know, is very slow.

I must apologize...I read your post wrong...I misread the part about it showing experience or lack thereof. After rereading it I agree with you completely. By the way nice avatar....I always loved black work and almost didn't get my head colored in once the shading work was done since it looked so menacing. Color added another depth but still one day I will have just a single piece of black

Just got this done. A better picture to follow in a few days

l7mxYK3.jpg

Amazing.  I love it!

Tomorrow's the day I get my Twin Peaks tattoo!  I'm a little nervous to be honest.  This is only the third tattoo I've ever gotten, the last one I got was 4 years ago, this is the biggest tattoo I've ever gotten, and my first one with color.  It's gonna go on my upper arm so I hope it isn't too bad.

Either way, expect some pictures sometime soon!

tumblr_ndx40dmqC71qazwk7o1_500.jpg

tumblr_ndx3swDxFl1qazwk7o1_500.jpg

I may have had enough time for two.

tumblr_ndx3swDxFl1qazwk7o1_500.jpg

I may have had enough time for two.

Just got this done. A better picture to follow in a few days

l7mxYK3.jpg

FUCK YES ON BOTH OF THESE!!!

I have my next appointment in about 2 weeks. Looking forward to it because my sleeve should finally be done. It has taken close to 4 years to complete, but it was well worth it. Now, I just need to find a nice gift to give to my tattoo artist to show my appreciation for all of his hard work.