new tattoo appresh

Can't wait for hand #1 tomorrow, I think some of you might enjoy the design, some of you may think I'm mental. To give you a clue, I'm getting portraits (one per hand) of a somewhat cult movie duo.

I'll only think you're mental if you're doing your hands before your arms. But you wouldn't do that would you?

That's the pic my portraits are based off I think.

I haven't seen Double Team, should I watch it?

Shelby, well I've got my right forearm done (my first tattoos filled up a lot of my legs) and will be booking in a full day session for my left arm in a couple of months. I guess I'm getting them done a bit soon but I've had a few tattoos done there and explained my arms will be finished by the end of the year so they didn't complain.

Cheers texan4life!

I should definitely get bonus points for posting the actual photo that you used. What are the chances?

Is the photo in a mirror? Both bill and ted are reversed/facing the opposite way from the photo...

Sure, bonus internets for you. The photo was reversed so that they're facing inwards. The guy said as I'm left handed he should do bill on my left hand as bill is always introduced first.

Edit: for some reason the photo has been deleted. Bummer.

Edit 2: http://m.imgur.com/4tE9Cxf alas it's kinda red and a shitty photo, looks better irl

• 2 weeks later...

Been a while since I've posted in here, but I FINALLY got my calf and knee done over the last couple of months. 

Knee hurt like hell for the last 45 minutes. wasn't the nicest but not as bad (for the most) as I thought it was going to be.

Nick Mayes at North sea tattoo in Scarborough gets the credit for the knee banger. 

Samuele Briganti did my calf. The guy is a fucking genius & I need to get my thigh done by him next time he's over.

Was trying to get booked in with him for over a year & contemplated going to Italy to get tattooed by him, safe to say he didn't disappoint. Colours have still held 6 month later like I got it done yesterday.

12790856_1698912237045562_28890110109822

10366040_1698912210378898_60675683484904

Very happy with them both!

Been a while since I've posted in here, but I FINALLY got my calf and knee done over the last couple of months.

Knee hurt like hell for the last 45 minutes. wasn't the nicest but not as bad (for the most) as I thought it was going to be.

Nick Mayes at North sea tattoo in Scarborough gets the credit for the knee banger.

Samuele Briganti did my calf. The guy is a fucking genius & I need to get my thigh done by him next time he's over.

Was trying to get booked in with him for over a year & contemplated going to Italy to get tattooed by him, safe to say he didn't disappoint. Colours have still held 6 month later like I got it done yesterday.

12790856_1698912237045562_28890110109822

10366040_1698912210378898_60675683484904

Very happy with them both!

Both turned out so rad dude!! That Samuel Briganti piece is amazing. I really want to go to Italy to get work done by Koji sometime in my life

Both turned out so rad dude!! That Samuel Briganti piece is amazing. I really want to go to Italy to get work done by Koji sometime in my life

Yeah man, I'm so pleased with it. It's a bridge in my home town (Middlesbrough) and is easily one of my favourite bits of architecture. It was the first "transporter" bridge in the world & made by the same company / steelworks that did the Sydney habour bridge and countless other famous bridges & buildings. Safe to say Samuele was intrugied as to why I wanted something big a blue on my leg haha.

He tattoos in London a fair bit now I believe, which made it easier for me. Sitting for 2 1/2 hours on a train after on the other hand wasn't the best haha

I'll have to check out Koji a bit more, some of his stuff looks so sick though.