new tattoo appresh

That's sick though! I love his artwork and been following it for a few years now. If he ever travels near the west coast or anywhere in the US at that matter, I'll have to make an appointment!

But Koji does a lot of big traditional Japanese style work. Super bold and unlike any style of Japanese work I've seen. Look him up on IG: Koji Ichimaru

He tattoos in London a fair bit now I believe, which made it easier for me. Sitting for 2 1/2 hours on a train after on the other hand wasn't the best haha

I could not do 2.5 hours on the train post tattoo, depending on how painful it is my body has two responses to tattoos, either I feel like I've just taken some amphetamines or something and I feel buzzed for a few hours followed by a comedown, or I just get home and pass the fuck out.

When I was doing my torso I would have to drive more than an hour through traffic with the seatbelt cutting into me to get home and it was the worst. Having fresh ink from my chest to my navel also meant no slouching or my skin would stick together, so it was lose-lose! I imagine the train is terrible.

Been waiting to post this until I got most of the color filled in...which just happened Saturday.

CdhIgaRWAAAo9kA.jpg

Took about 13 hours spread out over two sessions. I still have to fill in the flower work, and we're talking about possibly shading a little behind the filigree to give it a little depth.

Been waiting to post this until I got most of the color filled in...which just happened Saturday.

CdhIgaRWAAAo9kA.jpg

Took about 13 hours spread out over two sessions. I still have to fill in the flower work, and we're talking about possibly shading a little behind the filigree to give it a little depth.

Woah. That's awesome!!

CdhIgaRWAAAo9kA.jpg

That looks great,(if you don't mind) can you explain the significance?

That looks great,(if you don't mind) can you explain the significance?

Mostly, it's because I really, really love trains. Haha. I picked the color scheme based on the Pennsylvania Railroad, and we based the background on what is common geography in western PA, my home state. So there's that connection to where I'm from, which is important to me.

But about 75% of the significance is that I love trains, enough to get a pretty huge tattoo of one.

Mostly, it's because I really, really love trains. Haha. I picked the color scheme based on the Pennsylvania Railroad, and we based the background on what is common geography in western PA, my home state. So there's that connection to where I'm from, which is important to me.

But about 75% of the significance is that I love trains, enough to get a pretty huge tattoo of one.

That's really cool. Again, looks great, congrats!

Good enough reason for me! I have most of my left arm covered with a huge cuttlefish just because I think they're neat animals.

CdhIgaRWAAAo9kA.jpg

13 hours? Wow! That's a long time for a piece that size.

13 hours? Wow! That's a long time for a piece that size.

I'm normally not one to agree with streetwaves on matters of time...but yeah, that seems like quite a while. Though you do have a pretty good sized arm too.

Did your artist having a tough time getting color in where it looks like some scarring has occurred? I like it overall though. What colors are the roses going to be? Red? I'd almost suggest going with blue roses for two reasons. 1) all that red right next to the maroon of the train might wash one or the other of them out. 2) it'll mirror the sky top to bottom.