new tattoo appresh

I'm normally not one to agree with streetwaves on matters of time...but yeah, that seems like quite a while. Though you do have a pretty good sized arm too.

Did your artist having a tough time getting color in where it looks like some scarring has occurred? I like it overall though. What colors are the roses going to be? Red? I'd almost suggest going with blue roses for two reasons. 1) all that red right next to the maroon of the train might wash one or the other of them out. 2) it'll mirror the sky top to bottom.

The scar tissue is a huge part of why it took so long, for sure. It wasn't so much that it's tough to get color in, it just takes several slooooooooow passes to get it to work. Hence the 13 hours over 2 sessions.

We're talking about doing a kind of white-to-blue-to-purple fade for the roses at the moment, pretty much for the reasons you gave. Waiting to see how the red heals (my skin HATES red ink, so it's always a fun time getting it to sit right) before we really start seriously considering any color for the roses. I'm planning on getting some other work done a little further down my arm as well, so we're gonna try to plan the color for the roses with that in mind.

The scar tissue is a huge part of why it took so long, for sure. It wasn't so much that it's tough to get color in, it just takes several slooooooooow passes to get it to work. Hence the 13 hours over 2 sessions.

We're talking about doing a kind of white-to-blue-to-purple fade for the roses at the moment, pretty much for the reasons you gave. Waiting to see how the red heals (my skin HATES red ink, so it's always a fun time getting it to sit right) before we really start seriously considering any color for the roses. I'm planning on getting some other work done a little further down my arm as well, so we're gonna try to plan the color for the roses with that in mind.

Awesome! I figured the scar tissue might have played a part in the additional time. I'm fortunate enough that my body loves to take ink, and I don't have too many heavy scars, so tattoos go pretty quickly for me :)

I can't wait to see those roses when they're done!

Has anyone else found that random patches of skin bleed profusely when getting tattooed? I've never had this problem before, but in a tattoo I got on the outer forearm of my right arm, a patch near the bottom proved troublesome as it wouldn't stop bleeding whenever she tried to ink it, even when I came in for touch up. After two passes the ink is finally starting to go in, but it's still comparatively faint.

Going in for a consultation on one of my last pieces for my arm. wanted to get a Blink 182 tattoo, but didn't want to get the smiley. Decided on getting an astronaut with lyrics to Asthenia by them on it. Specifically "Should I go back?". Hopefully I'll get it drawn on and I can snap a pic to post here