new tattoo appresh

• 1 month later...

• 3 weeks later...

I try to avoid this thread because seeing all you's guys awesome pieces just makes me thirst for more tattoos. It's been probably around 7-8 months since my last session but next month I'm finally having my first of two sessions on my next piece (which will include covering up my first tattoo, it's not a really shit piece, just a bit cringe now) which I booked back in August. So far I have 14h of tattooing booked this year, 6 with her and 8h with this guy.

1 minute ago, THE_James_Champ said:

Not really. The shop I go to weren't taking appointments. There was a sign in sheet, and you wait. 

Fuck waiting in line for hours dude. I don't ever made an appointment for a 13. I get real tattoos on Friday the 13th, whether they're themed for the day or just tattoos, they're always substantial enough to warrant making an appointment. Like this one:

6FbYCz0.jpg

5 minutes ago, throughbeingcruel said:

Sorry, Ive waited around in tattoo shops for far too long. Now I make appointments for everything. You get better work that way too. 

Like James said though, a lot of shops don't take appointments and only do specific flash on Friday the 13th. That's cool that your shop does apparently, and yeah, waiting in line sucks...but to each their own. I'm not a "show up and get whatever tattooed" kind of guy either, but I understand that some people are.

2 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Like James said though, a lot of shops don't take appointments and only do specific flash on Friday the 13th. That's cool that your shop does apparently, and yeah, waiting in line sucks...but to each their own. I'm not a "show up and get whatever tattooed" kind of guy either, but I understand that some people are.

Most shops here don't participate. The one reputable shop that does participate doesn't really take appointments for it, but my homie works there and he's the only one in that shop that I get tattooed by, and he took the day off but came in for me. They also do the 13 stuff based around other shut. If someone has an appointment, they get tattooed first, 13s have to wait regardless how long they've been there. I used to walk in and get bangers all the time, before I filled up a leg and a half, both arms, and my torso. Now I make appointments and think about the shit. 

I typically only make appointments, especially because I'm working on specific pieces. I messaged my artist asking if they were doing anything for the day, she said "yeah, come on down", and I got a $13 tat to celebrate the day. Not really that hard to understand, yeah?

1 hour ago, THE_James_Champ said:

I typically only make appointments, especially because I'm working on specific pieces. I messaged my artist asking if they were doing anything for the day, she said "yeah, come on down", and I got a $13 tat to celebrate the day. Not really that hard to understand, yeah?

Fuck you and your fake ass tattoos!

Lol I'm sorry but I never thought I'd see that quality tattoo argument from him. I remember having to follow the "if you don't have something nice to say..." rule on more than one occasion in this thread. Friday the 13th bangers are a fun tradition I don't see how they're lesser tattoos.

4 hours ago, Shlebs said:

Lol I'm sorry but I never thought I'd see that quality tattoo argument from him. I remember having to follow the "if you don't have something nice to say..." rule on more than one occasion in this thread. Friday the 13th bangers are a fun tradition I don't see how they're lesser tattoos.

Because no appointment = Chump. Duh. Fuck waiting. 

Friday the 13th and Sailor Jerry Day's are all the fun for waiting it out. Who cares? Make some friends while you wait. Any other day of the year...yeah, appointments.

23 hours ago, Team Avatar said:

have an appointment with kyle in portland. https://www.instagram.com/thiefhands/

gonna make the trip in march!

Sweeeeeet. Hit me up dude!