new tattoo appresh

27 minutes ago, throughbeingcruel said:

Still giving a shit about this a week later makes you a real chump, the James chump. 

We're all giving a shit about it. Because it was some of the stupidest shit we've heard in along time. 

And oh boy, you certainly are original.

• 2 weeks later...

Question to those of you with sleeves. I want to do a half-sleeve and I am wondering how payment arrangements work when its something that will take a few sittings. Typically.

I would guess that a total price is quoted and that an agreement of number of sittings is made and that the total amount divided by the number of sittings is brought in for each sitting. Is this right?

I have asked and I get shitty answers or basically ignored. I'm not kicking tires, I want to know as it affects when I can facilitate this. As a single parent I have to be very careful with money and scheduling.

1 hour ago, Monastic_mike said:

Question to those of you with sleeves. I want to do a half-sleeve and I am wondering how payment arrangements work when its something that will take a few sittings. Typically.

I would guess that a total price is quoted and that an agreement of number of sittings is made and that the total amount divided by the number of sittings is brought in for each sitting. Is this right?

I have asked and I get shitty answers or basically ignored. I'm not kicking tires, I want to know as it affects when I can facilitate this. As a single parent I have to be very careful with money and scheduling.

I'm currently getting a half sleeve done, and my artist goes by hour. So I just book 4-5 hour sessions at a time and he works on it. He originally estimated about 4 sessions total for my design. So far my first session was $250 (design and about 2.5 hours tattooing) and my second was $300(3.5 hours tattooing). 

1 hour ago, Monastic_mike said:

You'll put down a deposit, set the first appt or two, and pay hourly. The artist should give you an idea how many hours they think it'll take, but they may be a little off so it could cost slightly more or less than you are originally told.

tldr: you'll pay each session for the number of hours you sit.

Got this Undertaker themed demon from Davee Blows while he was a guest at Three Kings Tattoo in Brooklyn last night. 

n4dtg7.jpg

And this one is an inside joke and my cat Dizzy from several months ago done by Phil DeAngulo at Allied Tattoo in Brooklyn. I need to take a healed photo soon.  

2vmfx9l.jpg

4 minutes ago, randomfortunepa said:

Got this Undertaker themed demon from Davee Blows while he was a guest at Three Kings Tattoo in Brooklyn last night. 

n4dtg7.jpg

And this one is an inside joke and my cat Dizzy from several months ago done by Phil DeAngulo at Allied Tattoo in Brooklyn. I need to take a healed photo soon.  

2vmfx9l.jpg

Hahahaha that cat is amazing! Hoping to get my own kitty piece done soon. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/16/2017 at 10:37 AM, randomfortunepa said:

n4dtg7.jpg

2vmfx9l.jpg

Very cool, I'm going to Phil in April for a rose! 

Also I have 10 tattoos but I've never posted any in this thread. Might have to post some later..:

So here's my collection up to this point. All of my tattoos are from different artists, a lot of whom are from different parts of the world and were traveling near me. My right arm is (mostly) color and my left arm is (so far) all blackwork.

My first tattoo was from Alex Zampiri with a quote from Millstone:

iPqXxRz.jpg?2

Then I have an anglerfish from Tomas Garcia:

f0BX9Bo.jpg?1

And a carousel horse from Ivan Soyars which was inspired by a line in I Must Belong Somewhere by Bright Eyes:

wcEg515.jpg?1

And a burning house from Noel'le Longhaul:

oqt9RnD.jpg

And a heart dagger from Emi Lynn Holler:

JS4sN3v.jpg

And a two-headed swan creature from Zox Svetorovich:

WASwSSx.jpg?1

And a lightbulb with peace lilies from Andy Robinson. This is the only one with a really deep emotional meaning; on my parent's first date my dad brought my mom home several hours late and my grandmother was pissed. So, on their next date, he brought my grandmom a peace lily plant as an apology. When I was a kid I remember watching it grow larger and larger over the years. My grandmom died last year, so this was a memorial piece for me to remember her by:

7BwlLjg.jpg?1

And a famous flash cat from Katya Krasnova:

A589WIn.jpg?1

This crazy acid spider from Chimu Grigio:

32VYcU5.jpg?1

And finally (to match my avatar) the radio from The Brave Little Toaster from Adam Perjatel (the only picture I have of it its still wrapped in tegaderm):

PhbHbTm.jpg?1

Edited by shadowkid33

Most of my pieces are by the same artists, I don't really have the budget to travel around and whilst it'd be nice to book in with guest artists, I don't have the cash to book in on a short notice as being a PhD student doesn't pay well. When I finish next year and inevitably move somewhere else (although I'd love to stay in Edinburgh) I'll look into getting some more variation in my next pieces.