new tattoo appresh

• 3 weeks later...

[image]

Some music notes. Treble, Bass Clef, some flat notes used as hearts

[image]

Further Seems Forever (Logo, Name), and Juliana Theory (Deadbeat)

[image]

Juliana Theory tat is simply amazing and i'm absolutly biased but it's incredible in person, the lines are just perfect.

[image]

Zao (Logo), Thursday Dove with "love" in it, Moneen (lyrics)

the Moneen lyrics are from the Red Tree Album. The Lyrics are:

"Sing For Everyone Without Voices"

• 2 weeks later...

so i got this tattoo last night. still healing, took this picture with a camera phone. it's an anchor and it says 'hold fast'. my friend and i got matching ones. the story behind it is actually pretty awesome. my friends mom knows this recovering addict who is really interested in doing tattoos (as another therapy outlet), and has a little set up at his house. so, to do him a favor and to help him get his tattooing down, my buddy and i decided to let him practice on us, for a very very cheap price (this tattoo was 20 bucks). so, we sat down in his kitchen and he just did this tattoo. he used new needles (from a sealed package) and the whole situation was very sterile. i wouldn't have gotten it if it weren't. but anyway, its an anchor and it says 'hold fast' (a lucero song, and an old maritime term to stand where you are and be a support). this is taken with a camera phone. if you guys are interested to see how it heals, i'll take a picture once its done. i'm very very happy with how it came out. looks pretty professional.

[image]

shit, you can barely see it. i'll upload a better picture later.

josh insert pic here [ ]

also i totally forgot about that record. give it to another good home. my money tree hasnt sprouted yet.

This was supposed to be finished last weekend, but my artist showed up WAY late and I had to re-schedule. Interestingly enough, had I finished the work last week as scheduled, it's likely that I would have been on that train that crashed in DC on Monday. Long story.

At any rate, here's a couple of crappy photos of the piece with one session left to go. Next month I'll get the Daibutsu's chest filled in the same tarnished copper color as the face.

[image]

[image]

These pics aren't the best - they don't do the color and shading justice at all.

Mark - I'll pm you about that Swarm 10".

josh insert pic here [ ]

also i totally forgot about that record. give it to another good home. my money tree hasnt sprouted yet.

This was supposed to be finished last weekend, but my artist showed up WAY late and I had to re-schedule. Interestingly enough, had I finished the work last week as scheduled, it's likely that I would have been on that train that crashed in DC on Monday. Long story.

At any rate, here's a couple of crappy photos of the piece with one session left to go. Next month I'll get the Daibutsu's chest filled in the same tarnished copper color as the face.

[image]

[image]

These pics aren't the best - they don't do the color and shading justice at all.

Mark - I'll pm you about that Swarm 10".

piece is looking killer man

Dude, tell me about it. I have had a half sleeve outlined for about 4 years and can never seem to save enough cash to get it finished. It's frustrating because i already have plans for the touch up and expansion of my other half sleeve, and my lower leg sleeve. Every time i get any spare cash i either come on here and spunk it on records or i end up at a festival. Not that i am complaining, Records and festivals are two of my favourite things, just wish i had a little will power!

This pays tribute to my three year long prank war with my friend Eli & the fact that his mom is a good looking lady. The mom heart was the 1st tattoo that a friend of mine ever did, so I decided to spice it up wile getting something else worked on last night.

[image]

[image]

[image]

What's the deal with the phone number?