new tattoo appresh

[image]

better picture

i fucking love old school tattoos. when i first started getting into tattoos i thought the traditional stuff was bland... boy was i wrong..

my first/second old school tattoo. i have a strike anywhere eagle that you can kind of consider old school.

i wanted an old school piece on my leg and i figured this would be nice. the artist did good. i love it.

For you somewhat hairy folks.. do you shave the area afterwards to keep them more visible? A friend of mine has leg sleeves and shaves his legs, and not that I plan on getting leg sleeves, but I'd be way too fucking lazy to shave my legs. I can't even keep my face clean shaven.

Once I finish the sleeve on my arm i wanna cover my leg from the knee to my ankle all with traditional day of the dead type stuff. i love that way that stuff looks. I dunno that I would continually shave my leg tho after that.

For you somewhat hairy folks.. do you shave the area afterwards to keep them more visible? A friend of mine has leg sleeves and shaves his legs, and not that I plan on getting leg sleeves, but I'd be way too fucking lazy to shave my legs. I can't even keep my face clean shaven.

the only time i shave is right after i get it done because you look kind of stupid with a half shaven leg. after that, i just let the hair grow in. my roomate shaves his legs but he always wears jeans so it doesnt even make sense

cosmonaut, that looks sick!

Thanks. I'm really happy with the way it's turning out, from the symbolic elements to the actual tattoo work. The linework is amazing.

It has been a while since the last time i got tattooed, so I forgot how much it hurt. You can't see it in the photos, but there are 3 vertical scars on the front of my shoulder that are now covered by tattoos. Those bled a lot and were super painful in general. I'm becoming such a pussy in my old age.

this chick at my agency does henna on the side, she was bored and i had her give me this....yeah yeah, it's not permanent. but i still think it's cool, and i can get it retouched and keep it as long as i want / work there, and when im sick of it, i'll let it fade. but if i keep liking it i might get it there permanently. freaked my mom out tho. so it was totally worth it.

[image]

• 5 weeks later...
Guest falloutcollapse

Every time I look down at my arm, I really feel like there should be a tattoo there. I've never felt this way before, but I really feel like there needs to be one there.

Those are pretty rad! Getting full color I assume?

yup. couldn't take the color on both in one sitting. those things were effing painful.

oh c'mon, they're not that bad... i slept through one of mine... then again, we all have different pain thresholds in different areas. i for some reason am deathly afraid of getting my forearm finished... yet i sat through my elbow being hammered by my buddy without as much as a wince. go figure...

i can't wait to get my hands done..

yup. couldn't take the color on both in one sitting. those things were effing painful.

oh c'mon, they're not that bad... i slept through one of mine... then again, we all have different pain thresholds in different areas. i for some reason am deathly afraid of getting my forearm finished... yet i sat through my elbow being hammered by my buddy without as much as a wince. go figure...

i can't wait to get my hands done..

i really didn't mind it that much until right up into the armpit and after he had been killing me for two hours non-stop. i just couldn't fathom the shading after that. my arm was already swelling as it was.

nothing else has bothered me though.