new tattoo appresh

• 2 weeks later...

after booking the appointment months ago, i finally got my thigh piece done last night! 

done by myles karr at escapist tattoo. 

24522528270_86b70d4e5b_c.jpg

super gross and swollen right after we finished.

24522527530_d8c7efd7d6_c.jpg

much happier looking this morning.

i couldn't be more stoked with it. 

after booking the appointment months ago, i finally got my thigh piece done last night! 

You got this? I was just talking to my girlfriend how awesome it came out. She was going to get a woman figure riding on a horse and wondered how Myles would approach it. This solidified her decision for sure. I wish I could add an additional +1 for the Bad Religion reference. 

This is beautiful! I saw Myles post it on Instagram and I immediately liked it. My boyfriend (above) mentioned I wanted a horse with a woman riding it. I'm a horse lover and I'm sure Myles would nail it! His hand lettering is also excellent.  

You got this? I was just talking to my girlfriend how awesome it came out. She was going to get a woman figure riding on a horse and wondered how Myles would approach it. This solidified her decision for sure. I wish I could add an additional +1 for the Bad Religion reference. 

This is beautiful! I saw Myles post it on Instagram and I immediately liked it. My boyfriend (above) mentioned I wanted a horse with a woman riding it. I'm a horse lover and I'm sure Myles would nail it! His hand lettering is also excellent.  

yep! that's my bad religion lady haha. thanks! it's pretty much exactly what i had envisioned for it and knew he'd kill it. 

he's done a lot of great ladies over the years and shouldn't be too hard to find a bunch more to check out if you search on the google or dig through his massive portfolio. i don't think i've ever seen him do a horse, but i really love the way he draws animals and people in general, so i'm sure it would be a rad piece. 

i wish i had snapped a pic of the other versions of the design that he had whipped up to show you just as a karr lady + other things example. one had a queen, a king, and a castle. it was pretty awesome, but not really what i was looking for. 

also, his new studio is pretty great. so nice to not have a million other random people and artists around. 

Top notch!

Booked in to get my second hand tattoo in March (getting my first one on the 18th of this month). Was gonna wait until April but the guy offered to do it at the Scottish tattoo convention so I couldn't exactly say no! Hoping I can avoid making a hot mess of myself in public.

Be sure to report back after. I still have another four or five sessions until I finish my second sleeve, then I plan to do my hands next. Next appointment is scheduled for this Thursday.

Be sure to report back after. I still have another four or five sessions until I finish my second sleeve, then I plan to do my hands next. Next appointment is scheduled for this Thursday.

Nice! How long is an average session for you? I'm planning on booking an all day session for £500 towards the end of the year, guy reckoned he could do the top half of my left arm in one day. No clue what to get yet, other than I know I want blackwork.

Getting my hands done first for some reason, left on the 18th and right at the end of next month. It may be a questionable decision but hey, I came up with an idea I like and my arms will be finished up soon enough.

Nice! How long is an average session for you? I'm planning on booking an all day session for £500 towards the end of the year, guy reckoned he could do the top half of my left arm in one day. No clue what to get yet, other than I know I want blackwork.

Getting my hands done first for some reason, left on the 18th and right at the end of next month. It may be a questionable decision but hey, I came up with an idea I like and my arms will be finished up soon enough.

Doing a half sleeve in one sitting would be doable with black and grey. My sessions last anywhere from 2 to 6 hours depending on what we want to get accomplished that day. My first sleeve took me 11 years to finish, mostly because of my indecisiveness. I'm doing one session a month right now and hope to finish my second sleeve in about six months. I'm just letting my artist tattoo whatever the hell he wants now, which makes things so much easier.

Fair enough! So far in my upper body I've got my right forearm done, around 5 hours work total for full colour. I was genuinely shocked at how much my inner forearm hurt, much more than my shins, without a doubt - although the majority of my shins were black & grey.

I really wish I could have one session a month consistently but I am a lowly PhD student earning a pretty crap salary and 80 quid an hour (120/hr for my hands though!) consumes too much of my food money. I'd definitely have many more sessions if I was earning more.

Do many tattoo studios charge more for hands/neck?

Anyone going to the Philadelphia Tattoo Convention this weekend? I have a couple appointments booked so far with a couple of Virginia's finest. One with Jacob Rempe @rempetattoo and another with Tony Talbert @tonytrustworthy ,

There are a couple good shows going on this weekend too somewhat hosted by the event with Murphy's Law at the Troc on Friday night and Poison Idea + Iron Reagan at Voltage Lounge on Saturday night. Noisem are also in town Saturday night. I wish they put them on one of the other bills.