We are the Romans reissue?

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

all you fuckers that bought both colors, thanks for making it so i couldn't get one.

if you waited until just now to try and order a copy....i wouldn't be too pissed, even if people could only order 1 copy (regardless of which color combo)...they would still be gone by now, shit was gone in like 35-40 minutes....

Insound.com has this listed as a pre-order. For those who didn't happen to be online during that 30 minute window of opportunity you could always give them a shot. Also, in vinyl we trust had stated previously that they'd ordered some for their store. They were just going to wait to post them in their store until they had the physical copies in hand to avoid any pre-order BS. If I recall correctly anyway...

ordered at insound, thanks man for the heads up!

From HH:

"Holy Moly! Botch - 'We Are the Romans' 2xLP sold out in the Hydra Head Shop in less than 20 minutes.

To those who were unable to secure a copy this morning, there will be limited numbers going to local record stores, so get in touch and be extra nice. VACATION VINYL will definitely have some copies.

The pressing was limited by the number of jackets we had (We don't currently have art files to print them, as they are 11 years old at this point and probably were in Quark on a PC that has been non-operational since Aaron smashed it. We are working on it though).

The overwhelming demand confirms that BOTCH represses are a priority for 2012."

I find that a bit laughable. A bunch of folks on a message board were days in advance predicting the absolute circus that this pre-order was going to be and the label themselves didn't realize 'the overwhelming demand' until said circus 'confirmed' it? Eh, whatever. Maybe that's the lack of sleep talking.

As long as we get reasonably priced re-presses of American Nervoso and Unifying Themes, it's all good.

I find that a bit laughable. A bunch of folks on a message board were days in advance predicting the absolute circus that this pre-order was going to be and the label themselves didn't realize 'the overwhelming demand' until said circus 'confirmed' it? Eh, whatever. Maybe that's the lack of sleep talking.

As long as we get reasonably priced re-presses of American Nervoso and Unifying Themes, it's all good.

That label and "reasonably priced" can't be used together in the same set of encyclopedias. Back when it could however I loved them.

Next order of business: convincing them of the overwhelming demand for an Until Your Heart Stops repress.

I just posted that on their Facebook a little while ago.

I can't believe they're just realizing with this repress that they can sell those old releases soo fast... if they just start pressing them again. They should start with all the Botch and Cave In stuff.

I'll admit, reading back over this thread again in the afternoon instead of the morning, I did get kind of angry at folks who were talking about getting two copies when all I wanted was one. The anger went away once I got the confirmation that my own order went through, so I suppose the anger wasn't all that heavy after all. Offer still stands though, if any of these come through any record shops in Chicago (I suspect there will definitely be a few at Reckless), I'll try to scoop up atleast a couple of copies and send them on to folks who missed out so long as they cover what I pay for the record plus sales tax, paypal fees and shipping.

woooooow. this is nutso! my lovely girlfriend snuck my order in for me while she was at work, since i couldn't. total babe. her first experience with a preorder that sold out in 20 minutes, and she won. i don't think she even understands how awesome it is that she did it AND got through. i'm bummed that i missed all the excitement here, though. :)

Dudes: these went fast even from a wholesale perspective. I tried to increase my order soon after realizing that I could sell more than I had anticipated and I was denied because the distro I use said they had already sold all of the copies they would be getting.

If I can get more, of course, I will.