What books are you reading?

Figured I'd post this since I took the time to write it up. It's my entire book collection. That way when I go to Goodwill or something, I can easily check to see if I have the book already. It was a bit time consuming to set up but overall, totally worth it. I'm going down to The Book Thing of Baltimore this Saturday and it'll come in handy a ton. I highly recommend avid readers/book buyers to try it.

Click here to see my books n stuff

• 3 weeks later...

Catch-22 is probably my favourite book of all time. I read it first in High School and loved it only for the ridiculous situations and jokes. I really didn't grasp anything beyond that. Read it again when I was older and was able to appreciate and understand it even more. Some of the shit that happens in that book make me crack up just thinking about it.

Catch-22 is probably my favourite book of all time. I read it first in High School and loved it only for the ridiculous situations and jokes. I really didn't grasp anything beyond that. Read it again when I was older and was able to appreciate and understand it even more. Some of the shit that happens in that book make me crack up just thinking about it.

I never had to read in in high school so I'm working on it now.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm starting through the Harry Potter series again.  Finished the first book up this week, and already trucking through the 2nd one.  Such fascinating stories always.

I've been wanting to do that too! I must have read the first four books ten times each when I was a kid. Every book after Goblet of Fire I've only read once. It would be cool to read them all straight though again. 

I finally started reading Game of Thrones, and I'm about halfway through the first book. Good stuff. My only real gripe is that I'm horrible with names, and there are tons of names in this book. But I have it on kindle which makes it somewhat easier because of the x-ray feature.  

Does the TV show match up with the books? As in, can I watch the first season after I finish the first book and not get any spoilers? 

I finally started reading Game of Thrones, and I'm about halfway through the first book. Good stuff. My only real gripe is that I'm horrible with names, and there are tons of names in this book. But I have it on kindle which makes it somewhat easier because of the x-ray feature.  

Does the TV show match up with the books? As in, can I watch the first season after I finish the first book and not get any spoilers? 

I don't recall any things that would be spoiled. I watched S1-3, then read all the books though. Season 1 is pretty much Book 1. Season 2 is pretty much Book 2. Season 3 is the first half of Book 3. Season 4 covers the rest of Book 3, but also gets into some storylines from 4 & 5. Books 4 & 5 run parallel with different characters featured, so it's possible to actually read them together if you want. There's an ebook out there with them edited together.

This was way too long in my opinion. By halfway through the second book I was starting to get a little weary, there seemed to be a lot of repetition. Cool idea and great story but I felt it could have been easily condensed into two books.

i'm not very far into it, about 60 pages. I plan on hitting it pretty hard over the holiday break. I love his style though--already some great stuff.