What books are you reading?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just finished: 
Ocean of Lard (Choose Your Own Mindfuck Fest #17) by Carlton III Mellick and Kevin L. Donihe

Gödel, Escher, Bach: An Eternal Golden Braid by Douglas Hofstadter
The Elegant Universe by Brian Greene

Currently reading:
Haunt by Laura Lee Bahr

Satan Burger by Carlton Mellick III

Infinite Jest by David Foster Wallace
I Am A Strange Loop by Douglas Hofstadter

Just started "Horns" by Joe Hill. Wanted to knock it out before seeing the movie.

I didn't realize he wrote that.  Interesting.  I haven't read any of his novels, but I loved Lock & Key.

My book club is reading Stone Mattress : Nine Tales by Maragret Atwood.  I'm only through the first chapter, but I'm really digging it.  I haven't read a book since July.  It's been all comics for me lately, feels nice to get back into it.

• 1 month later...

Dataclysm: Who We Are (When We Think No One's Looking) was such a cool book. I thought it was very, very interesting and I highly recommend it for anyone who is interested in the use of new technology and data (thankfully it's not a dry book at all). Right now I'm in the middle of the Jim Gaffigan's latest effort and then gonna start Amy Poehler's new book. 

Dataclysm: Who We Are (When We Think No One's Looking) was such a cool book. I thought it was very, very interesting and I highly recommend it for anyone who is interested in the use of new technology and data (thankfully it's not a dry book at all). Right now I'm in the middle of the Jim Gaffigan's latest effort and then gonna start Amy Poehler's new book. 

How is Jim's writing? I mean...I expect it to be top notch since he really knows how to write a joke...but sometimes that doesn't translate. I've been considering picking up some of his books.

How is Jim's writing? I mean...I expect it to be top notch since he really knows how to write a joke...but sometimes that doesn't translate. I've been considering picking up some of his books.

I love comedy books and he is no exception. Sometimes it's his stand-up jokes verbatim just in written form, but those are few and far between. It's definitely written in his voice, so it's nothing challenging or ground-breaking, really, just super funny and it comes across well. If you're into his stand-up, I'd have no problem recommending it.

• 2 weeks later...

I love comedy books and he is no exception. Sometimes it's his stand-up jokes verbatim just in written form, but those are few and far between. It's definitely written in his voice, so it's nothing challenging or ground-breaking, really, just super funny and it comes across well. If you're into his stand-up, I'd have no problem recommending it.

Excellent! I'll give him a read, as I think his stand up is hilarious.

Got an advanced readers copy of this back in July! Been sitting on my bookshelf. Need to pick it up I guess.

Just finishing up this:

51nNOvWrpHL.jpg

Really interesting read if you like to nerd out on beer. Its presented in a timeline fashion starting with Anchor Steam and covers the first post-prohibition start ups and how Big Beer dealt with the rise in Craft Breweries and covers different areas of the country as the number of breweries and tap houses grew.

Cool stories too, like how the guy who started Kettle Chips took the money he made from it, moved to Hawaii and started Kona Brewing.

Going to read this next:

King_Dork_cover.jpg

I guess Dr. Frank just released a sequel and I realized I never read the first one. $0.01 from Amazon.