What books are you reading?

i got really into the ender books for awhile, but somewhere around children of the mind or shadow of the hegemon i hit a wall. it's all a blur now and i don't know if i can go back.

My big thing is to at least knock out the first 3. After that we'll see. I can't get myself involved with all these crazy long series anymore. Wheel of Time was an ordeal

My big thing is to at least knock out the first 3. After that we'll see. I can't get myself involved with all these crazy long series anymore. Wheel of Time was an ordeal

The Ender series is much more philosophical, focusing on Ender's struggle with what he has done, and what he does to try to right that wrong.

The Shadow series is more in line with the Battle School sections of Ender's Game - it's much more action oriented.

As far as I remember.

The Ender series is much more philosophical, focusing on Ender's struggle with what he has done, and what he does to try to right that wrong.

The Shadow series is more in line with the Battle School sections of Ender's Game - it's much more action oriented.

As far as I remember.

Ah, perfect. I'll finish Ender and think about shadow.

Hey Rooks

Just finished reading 1Q84 and fuckin loved it! I bigot recommend it. Don't want to give anything away but should definitely check it out if you haven't already. My ex girlfriend always talked about the author Murakami bing really good. Wanna read more from him.

Also read S cowritten by JJ Abrams. Was a oretty cool concept where the book is supposed to be a library book written by some mysterious, obviously made up, author. And a guy and a girl start writing to each other in the margins about their lives and the author and research. Was really cool

Hey Rooks

Just finished reading 1Q84 and fuckin loved it! I bigot recommend it. Don't want to give anything away but should definitely check it out if you haven't already. My ex girlfriend always talked about the author Murakami bing really good. Wanna read more from him.

Also read S cowritten by JJ Abrams. Was a oretty cool concept where the book is supposed to be a library book written by some mysterious, obviously made up, author. And a guy and a girl start writing to each other in the margins about their lives and the author and research. Was really cool

? ;)

If you dug 1Q84 though, you'll definitely like The Wind Up Bird Chronicles.

Hahahaha oooppss. Stupid autocorrect. Didn't catch that. I meant "highly" don't know how it changed to bigot. Thanks for that, I'll lick it up for sure. I have a few books in my amazon cart one of them being Norwegian Wood. I'll add Bird Chronicles for sure.

Any others you'd recommend?

My list is so far is

Peter Pan

Norwegian Wood

Fight Club

On The Road

Hahahaha oooppss. Stupid autocorrect. Didn't catch that. I meant "highly" don't know how it changed to bigot. Thanks for that, I'll lick it up for sure. I have a few books in my amazon cart one of them being Norwegian Wood. I'll add Bird Chronicles for sure.

Any others you'd recommend?

My list is so far is

Peter Pan

Norwegian Wood

Fight Club

On The Road

I'd temper your expectations for On The Road. While I didn't dislike it, I felt it was one of the most overhyped books I've ever read. I prefer how The Hold Steady takes the whole beat thing and makes it more digestible for a modern audience. Particularly Separation Sunday and Boys and Girls in America.

it's probably been mentioned on here but the wool (silo) series by hugh howie has ruined all other science fiction for me. it's too good.

except ready player one which is like reading a video game

i've wanted to read ready player one for awhile now. for sci-fi, i can read anything by philip k dick. will have to check out hugh howie.

Never gotten around to Misery (seen movie), but read all the short story collections and many of his other books. Really enjoyed the short stories. Would recommend. Night Shift for example.

I think I've got 80-90 % of his books (collected a year or so back, got all the cheap ones, but I'm to cheap to get the expensive ones). Favourite author I think... I've started on both Night Shift and Skeleton Crew, but I end up reading his novels instead.

I've seen so many good books on this thread! Currently Ive been caught up reading non-fiction. Right now I'm working on The failure of non-violence: from the Arab spring to occupy By Peter Gerlderloos. This author has some really valid arguments and discusses a wide variety of tactics to use within social revolutions. This fella is somebody I enjoy reading because I may not always agree with all of his view points yet I can always see the logic and rationality behind his opinions. Definitely a good read for anyone interested in anarchism!

This book was also published by Left bank books in Seattle. I've never been up to that shop but seems like it'd be a decent little book store. Anyone from the area ever shop there?

I'd temper your expectations for On The Road. While I didn't dislike it, I felt it was one of the most overhyped books I've ever read. I prefer how The Hold Steady takes the whole beat thing and makes it more digestible for a modern audience. Particularly Separation Sunday and Boys and Girls in America.

Well I've never Read it and have always heard a lot of people talk about it and stuff so I assumed it was worth reading. Too much hype? Would you suggest I not even bother with it?

Well I've never Read it and have always heard a lot of people talk about it and stuff so I assumed it was worth reading. Too much hype? Would you suggest I not even bother with it?

It's a fast read. History repeats itself and the themes are still relevant, it just felt really outdated to me. I'd say you should still give it a shot. Plus, I think I found my copy for 99 cents.