What books are you reading?

8 hours ago, iwokeinrelief said:

Honestly my favorite series of all time.  I think i've read every one of them like 4-5 times and they really never get old for me.  If you're reading in order you've got some really amazing stuff in front of you!

Yeah, I'm reading in order and just finished Jingo. My favorite book is Good Omens which I first read over 25 years ago so it was inevitable that I'd get around to it.

Oh, cool, so you read Hogfather right before Jingo; Death's monologue towards the end of that book is one of my favorite passages across all of what Pratchett wrote.

I think I read Good Omens first as well (for me it was '98, so 23 years ago), but I was working at a bookstore at the time and remember that I'd bought a couple Discworld novels along with it, so I just dove right in from there.

5 hours ago, Santa Bateman said:

picked up chainsaw man 1-5, jujutsu kaisen 1, oblivion song vol 1, saga vol 1, bloodshot reborn vol 1, divinity vol 1. should be a good week of reading at work

Tell me how you like Chainsaw Man when you read it. I'm interested in it!

8 hours ago, Santa Bateman said:

picked up chainsaw man 1-5, jujutsu kaisen 1, oblivion song vol 1, saga vol 1, bloodshot reborn vol 1, divinity vol 1. should be a good week of reading at work

I recently just grabbed all the Chainsaw Man vol.’s so far along with all the Jujutsu Kaisen vol.’s so far.  Haven’t gotten into them yet but I’m pretty excited.  The Jujutsu Kaisen anime is one of my favorite in recent memory so I’m pumped to see where the story goes.

im gonna be honest ive never seen any anime other than a few pokemon ones. i didnt even know all these animes were mangas. im reading attack on titan as well. just finished vol 5. picked up Berzerk vol 1 as well last week. i know they have the big omnibus stuff but i never buy those. i dont wanna carry that big book in my back/hand when i go places. i like individual volumes and what not. im giving up singles when it comes to comics and just going for trades now. 

10 hours ago, Santa Bateman said:

im gonna be honest ive never seen any anime other than a few pokemon ones. i didnt even know all these animes were mangas. im reading attack on titan as well. just finished vol 5. picked up Berzerk vol 1 as well last week. i know they have the big omnibus stuff but i never buy those. i dont wanna carry that big book in my back/hand when i go places. i like individual volumes and what not. im giving up singles when it comes to comics and just going for trades now. 

Haha I’m actually about halfway through the most recent Attack on Titan omnibus.  It’s so good.  I also have all of the Berserk omnibus’ so far but haven’t gotten into them yet.  I read a lot of it online years ago but wanted physical copies.  They’re super nice quality too.

On 11/28/2021 at 10:57 PM, MachoHommeRandallSauvage said:

Finished Papergirls. Hoooooly fuuuuck it was so good. Apparently Saga is returning in January too, so good news!

just finished paper girls right meow. i was afraid it was gonna end like them parting ways but glad it didnt. 4 of the coolest young girls. 

im on issue 34 of Saga. although i have only been reading comics for 3 years, this is probably the best comic i have read so far during my time reading comics. i was on issue 13 earlier today now on 34. went by like nothing. 

also finished southern bastards and eclipse. pretty good as well