What books are you reading?

I'm just finishing up Infinite Jest. It took me months to read because I was busy with uni/exams but it was really good and i'll probably reread it in the future. Next i'm planning on reading A Storm of Swords; its been a while since I read A Clash of Kings but hopefully i'll still be able to remember what's happening with everybody. 

I'm about 50 pages away from finishing Life After Death by Damien Echols and about half way done with On The Road by Kerouac. Going to start Tristessa after those two. I was thinking about picking up some Vonnegut and Albert Camus as well.

As much as I love hardcover I really like that they reissued these books with cover art by the same guy for each author. Makes it look good on a bookshelf. Am I alone on this?

I'm about 50 pages away from finishing Life After Death by Damien Echols and about half way done with On The Road by Kerouac. Going to start Tristessa after those two. I was thinking about picking up some Vonnegut and Albert Camus as well.

As much as I love hardcover I really like that they reissued these books with cover art by the same guy for each author. Makes it look good on a bookshelf. Am I alone on this?

pick up the scroll version of on the road by Kerouac if possible it's well worth it

pick up the scroll version of on the road by Kerouac if possible it's well worth it

Might when I get the income for extras. Looking to read a bunch of new stuff first. Big Sur. Visions of Cody, and such. Gonna start digging into Vonnegut and Camus after I finish some books I've been leaving to hang dry out too long. I've been wanting to buy Henry Rollins' Black Coffee Blues for a while now too.

Any other recommendations? I go through periods of reading all the time and this is one of them.

The last 100 or so pages, I had no clue what the fuck was going on when I read it.

Well I watched the movie first actually and that has actually kind of helped me understand things more.  I think I have a little more than half to go and so far the book is a definitely a little better than the movie.  There's so much more in the book it's amazing.

Well I watched the movie first actually and that has actually kind of helped me understand things more.  I think I have a little more than half to go and so far the book is a definitely a little better than the movie.  There's so much more in the book it's amazing.

I've got the movie queued up on my Amazon Prime, just been waiting for a good night! (I have to use up my credit by early February, so it'll be soon!)

I'm restarting the entire wheel of time series, my friends and I started it in 1991 when the first book came out, apparently the final book just came out? Robert Jordan also apparently died and his right hand man wrote the last couple books? Crazy to me, but the nerd in me really enjoys these books

I just finished the' novella' the completes the Rabbit series by John Updike, and I am now making my way through The Grand Design by Stephen Hawking. After that I plan on reading In Cold Blood by Capote. I got a nasty haul at the library yesterday. I've been itching to get my hands on the new JK Rowling book, but it's been tough.

I just finished the' novella' the completes the Rabbit series by John Updike, and I am now making my way through The Grand Design by Stephen Hawking. After that I plan on reading In Cold Blood by Capote. I got a nasty haul at the library yesterday. I've been itching to get my hands on the new JK Rowling book, but it's been tough.

In cold blood and the casual vacancy are both great reads. Good choices.

In cold blood and the casual vacancy are both great reads. Good choices.

Yeah. I'm excited for both of them. It seems like the only negative reviews I've read from The Casual Vacancy are from people who basically expected a new Harry Potter story in a more adult-oriented setting. I don't really see how she could write a bad book. She wrote 7 fantastic books in a pretty long span of time with a good amount of progression.

This is me reading The Grand Design. I've had trouble grasping quantum physics for years. Anyone have suggestions to help out an entry level enthusiast?

tumblr_m0t5ah3vsj1qh9l3wo1_250.gif