What books are you reading?

Oh man, so jealous. I've only recently moved to America, would have loved to have had the opportunity to meet Jim.

Yeah man, the first time I saw him was at a lit festival in NY. He sat next to me while Richard Hell was doing a reading. it was the only time in my life I've been starstruck. Haha. 

I just finished The Grand Design. Reading it while drinking was a terrible idea but I still get the gist of it. It was alright. A Brief History of Time was loads better and more influential on me. As an atheist, I find it just as irritating when people try to disprove God as when people attempt to prove him, and I suppose this book did an okay job of clarifying that its point was God had no place in science as opposed to no place in the universe, but it still came off a little heavy handed. It's still an interesting read for anyone interested in the grey area between science and philosophy. 

• 3 weeks later...

Just finished re-reading this one for the 3rd or 4th time. Always a great read.

killer_zpsb43146dc.jpg

“I backed her against the wall, slugging, and it was like pounding a pumpkin. Hard, then everything giving away at once. She slumped down, her knees bent under her, her head hanging limp; and then, slowly, and inch at a time, she pushed herself up again.”

“I wiped my gloves on her body; it was her blood and it belonged there. I took the gun from the dresser, turned off the light and closed the door.”

Now starting this one (the novel that Lawless was based on). Got it for Christmas but hadn't started it until just recently. Good so far.

The-Wettest-County-in-the-W_zpse6ed620a.

i love jonathan tropper. i've never read/heard of plan b though. how was it?

Its the first novel he wrote. About a group of college friends who find themselves unhappy at age 30, who go through somewhat unconventional methods of helping their drug-addicted friend. I enjoyed it!

I've read his first 5 novels, though I haven't bought his newest yet. (I prefer reading paperbacks, and the paperback isn't out until May)

• 2 weeks later...

Salems Lot - Stephen King

Also going to reread House of Leaves again when I'm done.

I am going to read Salem's Lot pretty soon. I am reading Different Seasons right now.

just finished reading Penpal.

terrible, awful book. it had a kajillion five star reviews on amazon, so i figured it was worth a shot. very interesting premise, but i should have known since it was written by someone on reddit who published it with kickstarter funds that the writing quality would be subpar. pedantic, awful, stilted, boring writing. ugh.

BUT. i also just finished This Book is Full of Spiders, and it was so so so good. read that and John Dies at the End if you love horror-comedy with a lot of dick jokes. or if you just love hilariously good books.