What books are you reading?

41Z3BMZeg2L._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-stic

Love me some Watts. The Wisdom of Insecurity is great. 

I went through a phase of reading Western Buddhist stuff not long ago. Stephen Batchelor is really good. Joseph Goldstein and Jack Kornfield are pretty good. Going on Being by Mark Epstein is easily my favorite book from that genre. As an atheist, I appreciate the lack of dogma in most of the Western Buddhists' writing. 

• 2 weeks later...

I've been trying to read Still Life with Woodpecker by Tom Robbins for like a month now. It's good, but then I went out and bought This is How You Lose Herby Junot Diaz and I've been reading that instead. I'll probably put off trying to read Still Life by starting another Murakami novel. :unsure:

Love me some Watts. The Wisdom of Insecurity is great. 

I went through a phase of reading Western Buddhist stuff not long ago. Stephen Batchelor is really good. Joseph Goldstein and Jack Kornfield are pretty good. Going on Being by Mark Epstein is easily my favorite book from that genre. As an atheist, I appreciate the lack of dogma in most of the Western Buddhists' writing. 

I'll definitely have to check out some of these that's all i've been reading as of late.

thanks !

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Its been a while since i've read a book, so when my girlfriend ordered a couple from amazon i decided id get back into it too. I've always been a fan of Chuck Palahniuk (except Pygmy which is also the last book i tried to read) and have read everything up until & including Haunted so i decided id start again on his catalog.

I started Snuff last night and will read Damned after that, i also have Tell-All & Rant on the way.

• 1 month later...

Almost done reading Pulp by Charles Bukowski, I'm really enjoying it. Kind of nice to read one of his books where Henry Chinaski isn't the protagonist. 

I finished reading The Rules of Attraction, it was much better than I remembered. I don't know if it's just me, but I found Sean Bateman to have more qualities of Patrick in American Psycho than Patrick did in his small part in the book.

I also read The End of Alice by A.M Holmes a couple of weeks back, that book is very graphic...to put it lightly.

Just finished This Love Is Not For Cowards: Salvation and Soccer In Ciudad Juarez by Robert Powell. My wife got it for me for Christmas and I finally got around to it. I knew nothing about it, and it turned out to be a great.

It's not so much about soccer as it's about Juarez, Mexico... a place I'm not planning to visit anytime soon.