PO: Mastodon-the Hunter

On a side note, what constitutes an album receiving a parental advisory sticker? i think there's only cursing in one song on this album. Seems a bit extreme for this album to be labelled as such.

at this point, its usually put on voluntarily by the label. i dont think there is a review board or anything like that...

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My local shop ordered the 2xLP version of this for me and only charged me $31.

Nice! My shop only had the single, so i grabbed that. Ordered the deluxe online. i'm kind of an idiot for this band, but i really like this album.

Going to patiently wait for one of these 2LP sets of Leviathan.

Don't want to break the party, but you're probably going to get single LP version.. :(

I wasn't talking about that website that was supposedly selling a 2LP. I just figure there will be one later on down the road.

Oh, yeah, that was my second thought. Hope to get my Hunter on double soon, teaser on the website made me damn willing to spin that one! And Leviathan.. yes, that would be great if they repress it on double at last (it was in the box as double, wasn't it?).

Yeah, the box set is the only place to get Leviathan on double vinyl.

I got mine yesterday. It sounds good but it didn't blow me away the way CtS 2LP did.

Musically the album is definitely the weakest Mastodon album. It does have some great songs and some great moments, but after hearing it a few times streaming and now finally on LP it is not even close to my favorite, CtS, or any of the other albums.

I got mine yesterday. It sounds good but it didn't blow me away the way CtS 2LP did.

Musically the album is definitely the weakest Mastodon album. It does have some great songs and some great moments, but after hearing it a few times streaming and now finally on LP it is not even close to my favorite, CtS, or any of the other albums.

I agree, it's an ok album, nothing more.

I disagree. I like it more than leviathan. Leviathan always seemed wishy washy to me personally. It isnt that heavy and it isnt that pretty. I would rather listen to remission or blood moutain for the heavy or crack the skye or hunter for pretty.

i celebrate their entire discography. Except Call of the Mastodon because i haven't heard it yet. But, yeah, the Hunter is still rad. Only dislike two songs. And "Creature Lives" is pretty amazing.

I disagree. I like it more than leviathan. Leviathan always seemed wishy washy to me personally. It isnt that heavy and it isnt that pretty. I would rather listen to remission or blood moutain for the heavy or crack the skye or hunter for pretty.

I can understand that. Your reasons for liking The Hunter is pretty much why I don't like it as much. I miss the dirty, raw, sludgy side of Mastodon. The Hunter sounds like it took 2 weeks to make (and it did according to the band) and polished up to sound like a mainstream rock record. Leviathan is everything I like about Mastodon.

I can understand that. Your reasons for liking The Hunter is pretty much why I don't like it as much. I miss the dirty, raw, sludgy side of Mastodon. The Hunter sounds like it took 2 weeks to make (and it did according to the band) and polished up to sound like a mainstream rock record. Leviathan is everything I like about Mastodon.

Yeah i love all mastodon i really do. So when i say leviathan is my least favorite, i just mean i listen to it the least out of all the albums. I still love each one of the albums. Blood moutain and crack the skye are by far my favorites. I still think the hunter is a great album though.

You can't describe it more accurate, that is exactly what I feel about new and old Mastodon.

Actually this is my ranking for Mastodon albums from most preferred: Leviathan, Remission, Blood Mountain, Crack the skye, The Hunter.

And, I have to say that.. Hearts Alive is THE MASTERPIECE

and the box set for $300. They take cards, so there's no reason to bring that much cash with you.

Holy freaking crap..you mean the 9lp box set? I might need to get that.. Was there only one?

Edit: I read the 300$ price tag wrong..Cancel my excitement..But i guess that is still cool they have it on the tour.