PO: Mastodon-the Hunter

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's definitely the OOP box, there's no way a new box set could have come out under the radar. It is really expensive but it isn't easy to find for much less than $300, and it's the only place to get Leviathan on double vinyl and the live set included. I doubt they have very many.

It's definitely the OOP box, there's no way a new box set could have come out under the radar. It is really expensive but it isn't easy to find for much less than $300, and it's the only place to get Leviathan on double vinyl and the live set included. I doubt they have very many.

Pretty sure that box was live at aragon and not the 9lp set

I asked the merch lady and she said it was the box set with all of their albums.

Mine has arrived today. Really annoyed though because the gatefold is split really bad.

[image]

I've asked for a replacement sleeve as this is too much damage, especially considering the price! The LP's are excellent though. Nicely pressed, quiet, flat and sounds really good. To be honest, I wasn't knocked back like I was with the Blood Mountain 2x45 but maybe my expectations were too high. It definitely sounds much better than the CD, although I can still hear compression (which I guess was introduced in mixing)

Appears to be pressed in Netherlands. Hand written in the deadwax is 'andreas at schnittstelle'. It's very tiny though so the spelling of the location might be slightly wrong.

Who did you ask for a replacement sleeve? The label? Mine looks exactly like that, so i'd like to get a new sleeve, as well. i didn't order from the label directly, though, so i'm not sure they'll do anything for me.

It was the 9LP set. They had one for $300 at the Sacramento show.

Who did you ask for a replacement sleeve? The label? Mine looks exactly like that, so i'd like to get a new sleeve, as well. i didn't order from the label directly, though, so i'm not sure they'll do anything for me.

I'm actually surprised mine didn't have seam splits. Reason I say this is because the last three Mastodon 2LP sets I've purchased (CTS, Blood Mountain & Aragon) have had top seam splits. I couldn't get any replacements which was pretty annoying considering the cost.

OK. i contacted the placed i ordered from (The End records, theomegaorder on Amazon). We'll see what happens. Sucks because it's a nice package all around, but hopefully they can make it right for me.

EDIT: Wow, they already got back to me. i just need to send a picture of the damage.

OK. i contacted the placed i ordered from (The End records, theomegaorder on Amazon). We'll see what happens. Sucks because it's a nice package all around, but hopefully they can make it right for me.

EDIT: Wow, they already got back to me. i just need to send a picture of the damage.

Lucky you. I remember contacting Warner about Aragon and they basically told me "fuck off, not my problem" but in a nicer way (as I expected). I didn't even get any responses about the other two. I normally don't contact companies over seam splits but it's different when it's a $40-$45 record. Hope you get that replacement.

Yeah, i wasn't expecting much, but the dude e-mailed me back within a half hour and just asked for pictures. May take a while for them to get the sleeves from the label, but it'll be worth it if it works out. And, like you, my copy of Blood Mountain had the seams split, too. Sucks, but they sound really good.

Got a response back after i sent the pictures and they are sending me a replacement record, shipped outside of the jacket. Totally stoked and definitely planning to order from them again (The End records).

Got a response back after i sent the pictures and they are sending me a replacement record, shipped outside of the jacket. Totally stoked and definitely planning to order from them again (The End records).

Pretty damn nice of them to send the records and the jacket. I've had a lot of places do that for me when I only asked for the jacket.

I got the Live at the Aragon 2LP & DVD release for £13.49 (£3 delivery) last week from here http://store.ukundercurrent.com/store/products,live-at-the-aragon_864.htm It is an insane price for this and I didn't actually believe I'd get it for so cheap until it arrived. It was still sealed, and really well packaged, too.

Gonna have to get the 2LP Hunter on my Christmas list, cheapest I can find it is amazon.com for £33 delivered, but I'm not even sure that would arrive in time