The official B-side/rarity/demo MP3-sharing thread

Many of us have extensive music libraries that go beyond commercially released albums, so let's all share some of the rarer pieces of our respective catalogs.

THE STEPS

1. Zip up the file(s) you want to share

2. Go to www.divshare.com / www.rapidshare.com / www.yousendit.com / www.mediafire.com / www.megaupload.com / www.sendspace.com / etc. (whichever you prefer) and upload the zipped file

3. Post the link in this thread with an explanation of what it is

THE RULES

1. DO NOT POST MUSIC THAT IS STILL COMMERCIALLY AVAILABLE. This thread is for B-sides, rarities, live bootlegs, demos, and other things along those lines. That means iTunes exclusives are off-limits (seriously). This may require you to do some legwork in order to make sure something is definitely out of print, but please take the precaution as to avoid any future problems.

2. Vinyl rips are okay, provided the record in question is out of print.

3. Full albums of obscure, broken up bands from your city/region are not only permissible but encouraged -- share some of the music that made you who you are today!

4. If a band has come out and said they don't want people sharing a certain batch of demos/a particular live set/etc, please honor their wishes and do not share it.

5. DO NOT POST MUSIC THAT IS YET TO BE RELEASED, aka NO LEAKS. Seriously, dudes and dudettes. Seriously.

If anyone can think of anything else that needs to be addressed above, please post and I'll edit accordingly. Otherwise, let's get this show on the road!

The first thing I wanted to share was Rival Schools' lost album:

http://www.mediafire.com/?tdzmhx0pzjr

This album was recorded for Island back in 2003, I believe (and I'm pretty sure it's with Chris Traynor from Orange 9mm on guitar), then the band sort of disintegrated and it never came out. It's definitely worth checking out, especially the Buzzcocks cover.

Your turn!

I actually checked on the Slowdance site to see if they were still selling that compilation, but I guess I didn't look hard enough. Thanks Scott.

I just have so many demos and live bootlegs that I would feel horrible about myself if I didn't contribute. It would be way easier if I knew what people wanted, instead of just uploading something that nobody might end up wanting.

That said...

Jimmy Eat World - Clarity Demos

Link http://www.mediafire.com/?xtblr910lbb

01. Instrumental (Clarity Sessions demo)

02. Blister (demo)

03. A Sunday (demo)

04. Clarity (demo)

05. Secret Crush (Crush demo)

06. What Would I Say To You Now (Clarity Sessions demo)

07. Your New Aesthetic (demo)

08. For Me This Is Heaven and Roll (demo)

09. Believe In What You Want (demo)

10. Christmas Card (12.23.95 demo)

11. Unreleased (Clarity Sessions demo)

12. Lucky Denver Mint (demo)

13. Goodbye Sky Harbor (demo)

are unmastered copies of official releases cool

cause i have the unmastered version of bedouin soundclash's street gospels

and speaking of s1d bands, i have tracks from gogol b's super taranta that are either vox only or instro. i'll up em now

the only songs i'm not gonna put up are rancid indestructible demo's

i've been asked before cause i've said i had them but the answer is still "NO"

Here's my favorite Jawbreaker bootleg -- great quality. Recorded on 5-29-93 (less than a year before 24HRT) at CBGB in NYC.

Link: http://www.divshare.com/download/4190399-d8d (53.12 mb)

Tracks:

1. Do You Still Hate Me?

2. Donatello

3. Boxcar

4. Chesterfield King

5. The Boat Dreams From the Hill

6. West Bay Invitational

7. Want

8. Outpatient

9. Jinx Removing

10. Kiss the Bottle