can i get in trouble for this?

i commute to college, and parking passes are $75. i dont have $75. i dont even have the $15 to pay the ticket i got for not having my $75 parking pass.

today i took a picture of someones, and its really just a simple yellow sticker with black writing. if i were to print that out and make myself a pass, would i face any legal penalty if caught?

You wouldn't face anything more than a misdemeanor most likely (depending on what state yr in - and that would probably be a more extreme case) but there's most definitely a fine should you get caught.

http://kstp.com/news/stories/s2251827.shtml

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/archive/index.php/t-7244181.html (disclaimer: I don't go to bodybuilding forums - this just came in a quick search).

Our parking passes were like $185 for both semesters combined, and parking was scarse. We always had a ton of construction going on at the campus though, so eventually I started parking where all the construction dudes were parking. No one ever said anything to me and I never got a ticket.

really depends if your school security is rent a cops or actual cops. luckily my school was rent a cops.. i claimed my car was actually my sisters and she was dating some guy on campus, and i refused to pay for the obscene number of tickets i got because i didnt qualify for a parking pass. worked perfectly until she actually started going to the same school.. . when they tried to get her to pay them she told them they were retarded for believing me

If they have any sort of barcode or number that gets scanned or looked up this won't work. A friend during college grabbed a parking pass from a farm equipment looking vehicle since it didn't have any doors. But when they scanned it the pass was registered to farm equipment and it got towed and then a ticket. So yeah just fork over the money for a pass.

you probably won't get caught.....unless you park illegally, they don't check every parking pass....they give it a once over and look for a parking pass.

I had my parking pass physically stolen (not copied) and it took them 3 months to find the person, and they only got caught because they parked illegally, then when they went to issue a ticket the pass came back stolen.

I say copy away, but be careful of where you park

you probably won't get caught.....unless you park illegally, they don't check every parking pass....they give it a once over and look for a parking pass.

I had my parking pass physically stolen (not copied) and it took them 3 months to find the person, and they only got caught because they parked illegally, then when they went to issue a ticket the pass came back stolen.

I say copy away, but be careful of where you park

fully agree!

It might be a violation of some honor code or something along those lines. I can't imagine you will get in any serious trouble but they could hit you with a fine or if caught they'll likely tow your car which is pricey.

My suggest: sell a couple records and pay for a pass to avoid a greater potential expense. I know this is a square solution.

im especially irked by it, because the parking situation at my school is a fucking joke. theres a small student parking lot directly next to 2 of the main buildings, and if you show up with any less than 15 minutes before your class, you have no chance at a parking spot. and to make it worse, they decided to reserve the entire front row of parking for faculty.

well yesterday, waking up an hour late, i got to the lot and it was completely full. 3 other cars were doing laps, and there was no sign of anyone leaving.

so i started driving around campus looking for a spot to maaaaybe get away with. and in my travels i was disgusted with how many 1/4-full faculty lots there were stuffed in the corners. i mean, the fact that someone decided "oh well student parking is already an issue, but i suppose we could make the walk shorter for a few staff members" makes me want to put my fist through someones face. and the spots they reserved in the student lot? no one is EVER parked in them.

i ended up having to go to the south lot, which is at least a half mile away from campus. oh but they have an occasional shuttle...

/rant.

do you guys understand why i want nothing to do with paying $75?

im especially irked by it, because the parking situation at my school is a fucking joke. theres a small student parking lot directly next to 2 of the main buildings, and if you show up with any less than 15 minutes before your class, you have no chance at a parking spot. and to make it worse, they decided to reserve the entire front row of parking for faculty.

well yesterday, waking up an hour late, i got to the lot and it was completely full. 3 other cars were doing laps, and there was no sign of anyone leaving.

so i started driving around campus looking for a spot to maaaaybe get away with. and in my travels i was disgusted with how many 1/4-full faculty lots there were stuffed in the corners. i mean, the fact that someone decided "oh well student parking is already an issue, but i suppose we could make the walk shorter for a few staff members" makes me want to put my fist through someones face. and the spots they reserved in the student lot? no one is EVER parked in them.

i ended up having to go to the south lot, which is at least a half mile away from campus. oh but they have an occasional shuttle...

/rant.

do you guys understand why i want nothing to do with paying $75?

eerily similar to the parking situation at University of Alabama now

I think all schools sell more parking passes, then spots they have. The University of Akron used to sell 20% more passes then spots, but I think it got cut down a bit since they built a huge fucking deck over the summer.

I've had some friends that commute from like 40 min. away do things like park at a Wal Mart or Kroger (grocery store) near campus and bike the rest of the way there.

woah 40 minutes and then a bike-ride? good grief, I always thought it was insane when it took me 10-15 minutes trying to find a parking space

I used to park in the student housing neighborhood and walk onto campus when I first started going to school, but then they changed it to where a parking pass fee was automatically tacked on to your tuition so I just started to actually use it.

I've had some friends that commute from like 40 min. away do things like park at a Wal Mart or Kroger (grocery store) near campus and bike the rest of the way there.

woah 40 minutes and then a bike-ride? good grief, I always thought it was insane when it took me 10-15 minutes trying to find a parking space

Yeah, Univ. of Tenn. parking is fucked.

The one thing to consider is that Universities are autonomous from state and local authorities. Because of that they could do things to you that municipalities can't. A fine is one thing, but revoking your scholarships, kicking you off campus etc. are real possibilities. Probably won't happen but it would suck if you got kicked out of school for something like this.

I think all schools sell more parking passes, then spots they have. The University of Akron used to sell 20% more passes then spots, but I think it got cut down a bit since they built a huge fucking deck over the summer.

This is exactly why I loved living walking distance to main campus at Akron. I bought a parking pass for my last semester because I was in the design lab until 2am most days of the week.

This is exactly why I loved living walking distance to main campus at Akron. I bought a parking pass for my last semester because I was in the design lab until 2am most days of the week.

I wouldn't walk around campus once it gets dark anymore. I get emails pretty much every other day about another robbery or mugging "off campus". It's funny how they call that whole area south of Exchange off campus, even though it's all student housing and it even has the softball field and a few dorms back there.