Fall Television

kriss

got caught up on Community, Parks and Rec, and Outsourced on Hulu last night....I guess none of my friends watch the NBC thursday night line up, b/c Community was fucking insanely great...I love that they did another paintball episode, I guess not having the internet prevented me from hearing anything about any of these episodes since my friends don't watch

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The second episode of New Girl was not nearly as good as the first. I liked Coach more then Winston too, but I guess the guy didn't sign on after the pilot since he is on another Fall show.

The second episode of New Girl was not nearly as good as the first. I liked Coach more then Winston too, but I guess the guy didn't sign on after the pilot since he is on another Fall show.

i had no clue what was happening, during that second episode....they kept talking about coach and blah blah blah, and I thought it was like, they were doing an episode where he was out of town or something....but replaced after the pilot...that was really strange

i had no clue what was happening, during that second episode....they kept talking about coach and blah blah blah, and I thought it was like, they were doing an episode where he was out of town or something....but replaced after the pilot...that was really strange

The original guy couldn't continue the show due to movie obligations. No clue why they even cast him to begin with knowing that. Then they made it seem like that guy moved out and the new guy came back after have moved out a while ago. Confusing but hopefully going forward there aren't stupid plot holes like that.

The original guy couldn't continue the show due to movie obligations. No clue why they even cast him to begin with knowing that. Then they made it seem like that guy moved out and the new guy came back after have moved out a while ago. Confusing but hopefully going forward there aren't stupid plot holes like that.

agreed....not that show is plot driven at all though. But it was still very strange....and why didn't they just slightly change the Pilot and do a reshoot? oh well

We were about five minutes into this show and all of the Coach references were flying and I couldn't even figure out what was going on until my girl connected the dots for me. The rest of the American public were probably equally confused. I like this show, but I think developing the characters is going to be needed quickly since the whole shtick of the main character acting like a child and needing assistance before having her three guy roommates (begrudgingly) doing something cutesy to back her up and give her support could wear out quick.

Watched the third episode of Ringer last night finally. Shit's cheesy but so good.

Sold. I'll put it in the Netflix queue for sure.

just watch x-files (also all on netflix) and avoid seeing JJ abrams jerk himself off!

had you ever actually watched fringe you'd know that those shows have very few similarities and that fringe is a great show actually worth watching in it's own right.

just watch x-files (also all on netflix) and avoid seeing JJ abrams jerk himself off!

had you ever actually watched fringe you'd know that those shows have very few similarities and that fringe is a great show actually worth watching in it's own right.

actually, i watched and enjoyed a little bit the first two seasons of fringe.

the reason why i don't like fringe (or why i hated lost at the end) is because the characters ruin just how arresting the episode plots were. i don't really give a shit about the lives of the characters, that doesn't appeal to me. the actors are decent enough, the writing was okay but the story fell flat on it's face. it's why lost ended up sucking in the end -- the series couldn't decide whether it wanted to be story driven or character driven.

the only show that i have seen that can pull that off is the wire.

and the reason why i recommended x-files over fringe is because xfiles DOES have a myth-arc, but the myth-arc doesn't get in the way of the monster of the week episodes.

actually, i watched and enjoyed a little bit the first two seasons of fringe.

the reason why i don't like fringe (or why i hated lost at the end) is because the characters ruin just how arresting the episode plots were. i don't really give a shit about the lives of the characters, that doesn't appeal to me. the actors are decent enough, the writing was okay but the story fell flat on it's face. it's why lost ended up sucking in the end -- the series couldn't decide whether it wanted to be story driven or character driven.

the only show that i have seen that can pull that off is the wire.

and the reason why i recommended x-files over fringe is because xfiles DOES have a myth-arc, but the myth-arc doesn't get in the way of the monster of the week episodes.

i see what you're saying, but in my opinion, the x-files was equally as character driven as it was plot driven.

in fringe, the characters make the show for me. generally speaking, if i'm not invested in the characters, i don't really care what happens in the plot.

i also liked lost right up until the end. i even liked the ending, because i believe that it was about the characters rather than the story/mythos. i understand that there are people in the total opposite boat that were sorely disappointed with everything. i just don't happen to be one of those people.

x-files was able to separate the character-driven myth-arc colonization plot lines from just the regular monster of the week standalone plot lines. it's not something you can integrate easily, but both are equally important.

lost was great until the last season. individual episodes are good in the last season as well. they tried to do so many things in that show (some well, some pretty poorly) that by the conclusion the only option they had was just to say the characters, well, i'll not spoil it for those who want to watch it eventually.

they really backed themselves into a corner with that one. i mean, this is only my opinion on a tv sci-fi level or whatever. it's way harder to write a show where supernatural/paranormal/whatever you want to call it things happen because once you have something crazy happen (like things happened in lost) you can't go back without fucking with the story.

Coach from the New Girl (aka Damon Wayans Jr) didn't come back after the pilot because his other show, Happy Endings, got picked up. Good too, because its way better than the New Girl.

I second being pissed that 30 Rock is midseason because Whitney is the fucking worst. Between that and Two Broke Girls, Whitney Cummings is fucking ruining TV.

Stuff I've been watching is Community, Parks and Rec, the Archer three episode swing, Its Always Sunny, The Office, Big Bang, and that stuff.

I haven't really enjoyed any of the new shows I've checked out, bummer.

Coach from the New Girl (aka Damon Wayans Jr) didn't come back after the pilot because his other show, Happy Endings, got picked up. Good too, because its way better than the New Girl.

I second being pissed that 30 Rock is midseason because Whitney is the fucking worst. Between that and Two Broke Girls, Whitney Cummings is fucking ruining TV.

Stuff I've been watching is Community, Parks and Rec, the Archer three episode swing, Its Always Sunny, The Office, Big Bang, and that stuff.

I haven't really enjoyed any of the new shows I've checked out, bummer.

Damon Wayans Jr.??? woah, was completely ill-informed

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like New Girl is being held over until the beginning of November? Honestly, while I'll keep watching it, it's getting tiresome - the ending of each episode has been following a set formula for sure. Anyone been watching Ringer? The end of episode 5 is crazy intense - definitely the closest thing I've watched to a soap opera, but it's so good I can't stop tuning in.

i've been watching the new shows: The New Girl, 2 Broke Girls, Whitney, Up All Night, Revenge, Free Agents, Suburgatory, etc.

Free Agents got canceled already, it was alright. could have been given more of a chance than 3 episodes. Revenge is decent but i haven't caught up with the show since the first episode. Suburgatory is pretty decent, has some potential i guess.

Whitney i want to be funny but it's kinda half ass. and i can't get over seeing Stankowski like that after seeing him on Glory Daze. i like 2 Broke Girls (Kat Dennings), but i can see it getting old pretty fast.

i like any show with Will Arnett, so i hope Up All Night doesn't get canceled. Running Wilde was great last year and bombed out. i'm also anxiously waiting for new Todd Margaret in January.

then the usuals: Workaholics, South Park, Community, Fringe, House, Parks And Recreation, How I Met Your Mother, Hung, Modern Family. and still waiting for Bones.

also, tried out The League and it was really damn good for the season opener. i hope the dvr is still set to record that.

Anyone been watching Ringer?

I've been trying to but after watching New Girl and then tuning in halfway thru Ringer I have no clue wtf is going on. So in a way I'm kind of glad New Girl won't be back on till November so I can watch Ringer.

Whitney, I dunno about this show. It has it's funny moments but the plot seems almost the same every episode. She overreacts, he pulls her back in, repeat.

yeah, ringer just took some really interesting turns in the last 5 minutes of that episode. definitely a 'guilty pleasure' type show. even though i'm not guilty. ahahaha.

Mellie and I both yelled at the monitor when the episode ended. It's the first time in awhile that I think either of us has been interested in religiously watching the next week's episode to see what happens. Predictions?