NOFX - 126 Inches Of NOFX 7" boxset???

tussin

Cool. I was thinking about going for the Lagwagon box but may go for this instead. Not really sure. Really looking forwrd to hearing some more details about it. Anybody have an idea how many songs there would be that aren't already included on "45 or 46..." and "The Longest EP"?

This has been pushed. It's not coming out Nov. 8 anymore.

how do you know about this? not being a dick, but genuinely curious. and do you know any more info on it?

I work for Alternative Press, I'm the one who included the info in the mag originally. Fat actually just got a hold of me yesterday to let me know it was pushed back. I don't really know anything else about it besides the title.

I missed the boat on a ton of NOFX releases because I got into collecting late in the game, same with Lagwagon, so these are great for me because I get entire discographies, and they're colored. Trying to hunt down colored versions of their old records would cost me waaaay more than these box sets.

Of course, now I'm contemplating getting a second job to AFFORD the boxsets...but that's another thing entirely.

To me, "if you don't like it don't buy it" is analogous to rappers branding anyone who dislikes their work as "haters". It's a lazy deflection, and serves to make the speaker look ignorant. There is nothing wrong with making a valid criticism about a band, label, or release. Not every reaction has to be "OMG so excited but my bank account will be mad at me LOL".

Fat has been taking advantage of their most rabid fans for a while now (charging more for color, the hardcore 7"/10"/12", colored reissues of in-print records) and I don't really see anything wrong with it. People can continue to feel like they need to buy dumb shit, and I will continue to buy reasonably priced LPs of releases I am interested in.