PO: Brand New - Your Favorite Weapon LP 10th Anniv

jhulud

Can't decide whether or not I wanna buy this. This band and Taking Back Sunday were my jams back in the day. I bought "Tell All Your Friends" and don't end up spinning it all that often so I feel like this would be no different.

if its a 3rd or 4th press i'll buy it, just want a listening copy ;D :

Can't decide whether or not I wanna buy this. This band and Taking Back Sunday were my jams back in the day. I bought "Tell All Your Friends" and don't end up spinning it all that often so I feel like this would be no different.

Completely fair assessment. A lot of these albums aren't as good as we remember them to be. I tried listening to Rufio - Perhaps, I Suppose the other day and it was not at all as epic as it was when I was 16.

triple crown is doing this one, and deja is razor and tie/triple crown so id expect a 10 year anniversary of that one also. I tried to get it as a record store day exclusive piece but they shot down my proposal

no offense, but please put out your own original band and take a risk instead of trying to license all these sure sellers. (excluding your one off release by "Harvard")

why should they? there's records that are oop or not even pressed and if they don't press them who will? the label is just trying to get releases into the hands of people who want them at a faster pace.. if labels are willing to give the rights over then obviously they have no plan of pressing vinyl so let someone who wants to do it

I don't think Ross is floating in giant piles of cash from these releases. he is a good dude and has gotten some records I had wanted pressed for over 10 years into my hands and I thank him for that..

that's what i'm saying! the FOT Doppleganger press was beautiful and i'm pumped for Manipulator... this guy does awesome work and i can't wait to see what else is up his sleeves

triple crown is doing this one, and deja is razor and tie/triple crown so id expect a 10 year anniversary of that one also. I tried to get it as a record store day exclusive piece but they shot down my proposal

no offense, but please put out your own original band and take a risk instead of trying to license all these sure sellers. (excluding your one off release by "Harvard")

You could always start your own label.

"Yikes" to all of you that responded. I wouldn't mind his practices if he also released his own stuff. It's not difficult to tell what albums people are going to be nostalgic about. Not saying he should completely stop the licensing, because I've been grateful to get a few of the releases myself...but it just doesn't sit well with me that he isn't producing anything new or original. He's solely putting out albums that are already popular. Sorry, but these are my opinions.

I hope we don't have to wait till the 10th anniversary for the Deja repress.

Didn't Deja already get repressed? I bought a copy from Triple Crown in like, 2007? 2008? I could have sworn they said they repressed it although maybe it was just an issue of "finding" more copies? (From what I've seen there's no difference between my copy and the original press...)

I hope we don't have to wait till the 10th anniversary for the Deja repress.

Didn't Deja already get repressed? I bought a copy from Triple Crown in like, 2007? 2008? I could have sworn they said they repressed it although maybe it was just an issue of "finding" more copies? (From what I've seen there's no difference between my copy and the original press...)

yes it's been repressed (both /1000) and the only difference is that the first press has a barcode printed on the jacket where are the second press has a sticker barcode on the jacket or has none at all. everything else is exactly the same

back up at interpunk.. also is there any word if this album is getting a remaster for this release? original quality was shit.. part of the experience i guess.. dunno if you could do better without rerecording it...

it has to be a remastered version simply based on "My Nine Rides Shotgun" being absent from this re-release.

I have no mastering issues with my vinyl copy nor my CD copy....which version do you have where mastering is a problem?