PO: Brand New - Your Favorite Weapon LP 10th Anniv

jhulud

Didn't Deja already get repressed? I bought a copy from Triple Crown in like, 2007? 2008? I could have sworn they said they repressed it although maybe it was just an issue of "finding" more copies? (From what I've seen there's no difference between my copy and the original press...)

yes it's been repressed (both /1000) and the only difference is that the first press has a barcode printed on the jacket where are the second press has a sticker barcode on the jacket or has none at all. everything else is exactly the same

ohhh, ok. thanks!

back up at interpunk.. also is there any word if this album is getting a remaster for this release? original quality was shit.. part of the experience i guess.. dunno if you could do better without rerecording it...

it has to be a remastered version simply based on "My Nine Rides Shotgun" being absent from this re-release.

I have no mastering issues with my vinyl copy nor my CD copy....which version do you have where mastering is a problem?

LOL you through 'mastering' around like you know what it means.

Also I have a mastering problem with my CD copy of YFW, it seems all of the high frequencies have been lobbed off and the sound compressed.

back up at interpunk.. also is there any word if this album is getting a remaster for this release? original quality was shit.. part of the experience i guess.. dunno if you could do better without rerecording it...

it has to be a remastered version simply based on "My Nine Rides Shotgun" being absent from this re-release.

I have no mastering issues with my vinyl copy nor my CD copy....which version do you have where mastering is a problem?

Also I have a mastering problem with my CD copy of YFW, it seems all of the high frequencies have been lobbed off and the sound compressed.

quite aware what "mastering" is...quite aware. you apparently don't know the difference between "through" and "throw"?

again, I don't have this "mastering" problem with either of my copies...if it's the slightly crappy production quality of the album you're referring to, it's probably the engineer for the studio this record was made it or the mixing engineer to blame rather than the mastering engineer.

"bad" and "good" recordings are all subjective in the recording arts though, what sounds like a harsh Low Pass/High Cut filter and too much Compression to you sounds perfectly listenable to me...especially for the music it was used on. To each his own as far as preferences on recording go....but don't assume i'm throwing around "mastering" without knowledge of what a mastering engineer's job entails.

quite aware what "mastering" is...quite aware. you apparently don't know the difference between "through" and "throw"?

again, I don't have this "mastering" problem with either of my copies...if it's the slightly crappy production quality of the album you're referring to, it's probably the engineer for the studio this record was made it or the mixing engineer to blame rather than the mastering engineer.

"bad" and "good" recordings are all subjective in the recording arts though, what sounds like a harsh Low Pass/High Cut filter and too much Compression to you sounds perfectly listenable to me...especially for the music it was used on. To each his own as far as preferences on recording go....but don't assume i'm throwing around "mastering" without knowledge of what a mastering engineer's job entails.

There's nothing wrong with the mastering. It's exactly the same sound on Northstar's first album 'Is This Thing Loaded?' Just not a lot of money spent by Triple Crown to engineer a better sounding album. I think it's a fairly unique sound seeing as most pop punk albums have been polished up to within a inch of their lives that the "rough" sound of these albums just gives them more of an edge to me

There's nothing wrong with the mastering. It's exactly the same sound on Northstar's first album 'Is This Thing Loaded?' Just not a lot of money spent by Triple Crown to engineer a better sounding album. I think it's a fairly unique sound seeing as most pop punk albums have been polished up to within a inch of their lives that the "rough" sound of these albums just gives them more of an edge to me

I really dont think any variants have been finalized yet. People just got enough info to be able to sell this and threw it up as soon as they could and try to get as many pre-orders as possible without really knowing exactly whats going on with the release.

Yeah but they would have to know something about the release rather than just throwing up pre-orders. I mean wouldn't they have to know how many they could sell at least? It would seem logical for them to be informed of the variants along with how many copies they could move...

I really dont think any variants have been finalized yet. People just got enough info to be able to sell this and threw it up as soon as they could and try to get as many pre-orders as possible without really knowing exactly whats going on with the release.

Yeah but they would have to know something about the release rather than just throwing up pre-orders. I mean wouldn't they have to know how many they could sell at least? It would seem logical for them to be informed of the variants along with how many copies they could move...

You would think.

I dont think any variants/exclusives have been finalized yet tho.

You would think.

I dont think any variants/exclusives have been finalized yet tho.

funny you bring up the Northstar record...I sincerely like the versions of the songs better on Is This Thing Loaded? because they had literally like 2-3 years of PreProduction playing those songs and messing with the arrangements and so on and so forth....but production and mixing quality on that album was the biggest disappointment ever for me...first band I'd ever seen "make it" a.k.a. get signed to any sort of record company of my peers and out of my hometown, and immediately preferring the demo versions to every song because it was recorded so poorly was a serious bummer.

had they just remixed and actually mastered the demos I think they would have had a much better sounding recording....find a happy medium between the recording/mixing quality of Is This Thing Loaded? and the much high gloss recording/mixing/production of Pollyanna and I think they would have sold far more copies of Is This Thing Loaded?....one man's opinion

funny you bring up the Northstar record...I sincerely like the versions of the songs better on Is This Thing Loaded? because they had literally like 2-3 years of PreProduction playing those songs and messing with the arrangements and so on and so forth....but production and mixing quality on that album was the biggest disappointment ever for me...first band I'd ever seen "make it" a.k.a. get signed to any sort of record company of my peers and out of my hometown, and immediately preferring the demo versions to every song because it was recorded so poorly was a serious bummer.

had they just remixed and actually mastered the demos I think they would have had a much better sounding recording....find a happy medium between the recording/mixing quality of Is This Thing Loaded? and the much high gloss recording/mixing/production of Pollyanna and I think they would have sold far more copies of Is This Thing Loaded?....one man's opinion