Awesome Traders/Buyers/Sellers

benchwarmer

@ethereal helped me out big time by selling me his Fiona Apple - Tidal VMP at cost. He contacted me when I was asking for someone to assist and then sent it out immediately upon receiving it and packed it perfectly. I really appreciated the favor and strongly support this seller.

• 4 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not entirely sure the best place to ask this question, but I figured a lot of you here would have some input. I haven't sold many records online at all, but I have two mailers to ship out now. I went to both FedEx and UPS yesterday to ship them. The girl at FedEx had no idea what media mail was and said they couldn't ship to a PO box. The girl at UPS said they couldn't ship records through media mail any more because " they keep getting returned because media mail is only for books." I literally just shipped a record with them a few months ago through media mail. So of course both places wanted upwards of $12 for one record. Am I in the wrong for thinking I can send through media mail?

any input is appreciated!

1 hour ago, underwaterzoo said:

I'm not entirely sure the best place to ask this question, but I figured a lot of you here would have some input. I haven't sold many records online at all, but I have two mailers to ship out now. I went to both FedEx and UPS yesterday to ship them. The girl at FedEx had no idea what media mail was and said they couldn't ship to a PO box. The girl at UPS said they couldn't ship records through media mail any more because " they keep getting returned because media mail is only for books." I literally just shipped a record with them a few months ago through media mail. So of course both places wanted upwards of $12 for one record. Am I in the wrong for thinking I can send through media mail?

any input is appreciated!

the best thing to do, if shipping domestically, with media mail.  is print a shipping label thru Paypal.  When someone paid you, look at your paypal account 

and there will be an option.

if the records aren't too heavy.  you probably don't even need to weigh them, just put like 3lbs and print it out at home.

tape it up and drop it off at UPS .

Edited by thepunkguy

1 hour ago, thepunkguy said:

the best thing to do, if shipping domestically, with media mail.  is print a shipping label thru Paypal.  When someone paid you, look at your paypal account 

and there will be an option.

if the records aren't too heavy.  you probably don't even need to weigh them, just put like 3lbs and print it out at home.

tape it up and drop it off at UPS .

Thanks, I didn't know this was possible!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 years later...