What's your vinyl ''Holy Grail''?

Just managed to get my hands on this, and for not a lot of money, happy days :)

Weird, wasn't even aware of that record existing. If it was recorded in 1997 (or thereabouts) I'd REALLY like to hear that track. Any chance you'd be willing to rip it? I have rips of the Ariana EP and all the other 7"s besides J Hell. Would be glad to trade!

pm'd :)

The Lanegan 10 inch is a condensed version of The Nite Porter cd with 8 songs and only sold at his 4 date solo jaunt of the West Coast a few minths back and at his re net solo Australian shows. I have seen it on EBay for $250...he just announced a new tour in February, so check the onewhiskey.com for someone that will pick you up a copy....that is how I got mine

saw that 'SELF' lp at Reckless in Chicago a few months ago for $40 or $50. someone snatched it up, but price-wise that's not so bad.

of course a lot of the records in this thread don't sell for all that much WHEN THEY SHOW UP, it's that they DON'T show up anywhere.

I've scored a few of my past whales for next to nothing (Rolling Scabs 7" comes to mind), but had to wait YEARS to stumble across 'em in used bins. So many Ebay 'saved searches' with nary a result.

saw that 'SELF' lp at Reckless in Chicago a few months ago for $40 or $50. someone snatched it up, but price-wise that's not so bad.

of course a lot of the records in this thread don't sell for all that much WHEN THEY SHOW UP, it's that they DON'T show up anywhere.

I've scored a few of my past whales for next to nothing (Rolling Scabs 7" comes to mind), but had to wait YEARS to stumble across 'em in used bins. So many Ebay 'saved searches' with nary a result.

That's the problem with the Self LP.

I've never seen it physically or on the net for sale.

I'd hate to pay a tone for it (since I'm not sure it's "worth" that much, but scarce as all hell.)

And finding it online is a bitch simply by virtue of the band's name...

• 7 months later...