Smashing Pumpkins

It's more of the fact that the band has almost no chemistry, billy trying to play all of his new stuff, and the venue. They played Chastain, which is a great venue except for one thing. The crowd. Chastain lies right in the ritzy part of Atlanta. Many of the patrons were sitting down drinking a wine. Billy at one point talked for a good five minutes about if they should continue. It was just him talking. He never introduced the band and his band members would just say yeah after statements. It was not nearly as good as the show they played at the orange peel. I think at one point Billy played some sort of screaming metal song that lasted a minute of him just screaming.

i'm now glad i didn't buy the grupon tickets.

• 2 weeks later...

There's a preorder for the CD reissue of aeroplane at a whopping $150. Rumor has it that it'll include some double door content. Hopefully a full show at least. But it's nuts (though not surprising) how expensive it is, considering the out-of-print original is pretty easy to get for much less.

http://www.amazon.com/Aeroplane-Flies-High-Smashing-Pumpkin/dp/B00CU9LHY2/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1369072909&sr=8-2&keywords=smashing+pumpkins+aeroplane+flies+high

• 3 weeks later...

I was pretty down on the 'Mellon Collie' set, but this one looks like just about everything I wanted it to be...outside of a still pretty high price point.

Deals will surely pop up, and when they do I'll be excited about this one rather than begrudgingly getting it to fill a gap like last time. Huzzah.

I don't think it was a mishap if it happened more than once and stayed at the crazy low price for weeks. That thing just didn't fucking sell and Amazon.ca needed to move some units.

it started as the preorder price. it was the highest selling music item (more than any cd, even) for several weeks. they were moving units alright.

"See press quotes below about the reissue campaign which has the full support and guidance from THE SMASHING PUMPKINS who’ve created one of the most acclaimed bodies of work in musical history, selling over 30 million albums. Theglobal catalog reissue campaign will last through 2013; it will encompass all the band’s albums and B-sides from 1991-2000, with other release dates to be announced.  The pivotal group’s many hits defined the alternative music era and continue to resonate on modern rock radio, influencing a whole new generation"

This paragraph from the press release is pretty interesting in regards to finishing up the reissue campaign in 2013.  It would seem hard to believe that they're going to also be putting out adore and machina I and II before the end of the year.  My guess is that it's a canned line that hasn't been updated since the campaign started, but I guess we'll see.

i think machina 1 and 2 will be one big bundle.

billy said something about changing track orders and combining the two albums together as originally intended.

i'd rather machina 2 be put out just like the original, with the 10"s and such, so i can skip machina 1 entirely considering i already own the 2xLP version.