Smashing Pumpkins

Anyone know when this aegea lp arrives, i bought a 2nd press, but don't see any date.

I think I saw 6 weeks somewhere.  

Billy said it took 6 weeks to do the first run (I think there is still another 2-3 weeks before the first run ships). So 6 weeks for the second pressing could make sense.

To be fair, this is the type of release that won't have wide appeal. While, yes, more than 500 people may want this, there is no sense commissioning a several thousand pressing run because Billy could end up eating 1000 unsold copies of this (It sounds like he is doing this by himself with his own money). I'm sure if you expressed interest to the teashop, maybe with enough interest there could be another run of 250.

To be fair, this is the type of release that won't have wide appeal. While, yes, more than 500 people may want this, there is no sense commissioning a several thousand pressing run because Billy could end up eating 1000 unsold copies of this (It sounds like he is doing this by himself with his own money). I'm sure if you expressed interest to the teashop, maybe with enough interest there could be another run of 250.

And I get all that.  It just seems to me that if something can sell out within a matter of a couple hours, that tells me you didn't make enough.  I should've been able to at least come home from work that night, see the news then go snag a copy.  It shouldn't be, while I was at work today, this happened and I missed a shot to purchase.  Maybe I'll shoot the tea shop a note, good suggestion.

Billy's cleary got a wider demand for this release, although he may not have enough to release it in Thefutureembrace style. Noticing that he has a considerable amount of SP fans worldwide interested on it, it woudn't be a bad idea to press a small CD edition in cardboard sleeve and probably fill the wider gap in a most economical way while keep pressing 2xLPs as remaining demand shows up.

One thing that slipped through: that sample sounds nothing like Billy Corgan related.

A single disc version has been announced.

http://www.smashingpumpkinsnexus.com/#!NEWS-ON-A-SINGLE-DISC-VERSION-of-AEGEA/c7ba/CBFC2750-A952-470D-951F-E9BDE18D0864

WPC announces today that he has placed an order for a single disc version of ‘AEGEA’, which when ready for shipment will be offered once more for sale at Madame Zuzu’s Teahouse and its accompanying web-store. Expected window for purchase begins in 6-8 weeks; or mid-July.

Given the interest, this first press of the single-edition AEGEA is expected to yield 500 additional copies. But can change in relation to a Smashing Pumpkins Nexus subscriber list, which is indicated on this site with the muted ‘AEGEA’ cover icon. Use of this address will only be used in relation to any future sales of ‘AEGEA’ and nothing else. So if you’d like advance notification or the accompanying code that places a subscriber at the front of the line for any on-sale, please sign up today. There is no charge to enlist and no advance fee for purchase is required.

As such the ‘AEGEA’ list will only help calculate if a bigger press than 500 copies is needed, will shorten the waiting time on receipt of any subsequent pressing, and serves as a courtesy for those most interested in acquiring their own vinyl copy of ‘AEGEA.’

Happily so, the first and second double-disc pressings of ‘AEGEA’ sold out to buyers from 27 countries in under one hour, and as Billy told us: “My wish is that everyone who wants to buy a vinyl copy of ‘AEGEA’ will have the opportunity to do so.” In this the set price for a third pressing of ‘AEGEA’ will be 29.95$ plus shipping and handling.

Link to subscribe here: http://www.smashingpumpkinsnexus.com/#!aegea-/c1408

A single disc version has been announced.

http://www.smashingpumpkinsnexus.com/#!NEWS-ON-A-SINGLE-DISC-VERSION-of-AEGEA/c7ba/CBFC2750-A952-470D-951F-E9BDE18D0864

WPC announces today that he has placed an order for a single disc version of ‘AEGEA’, which when ready for shipment will be offered once more for sale at Madame Zuzu’s Teahouse and its accompanying web-store. Expected window for purchase begins in 6-8 weeks; or mid-July.

Given the interest, this first press of the single-edition AEGEA is expected to yield 500 additional copies. But can change in relation to a Smashing Pumpkins Nexus subscriber list, which is indicated on this site with the muted ‘AEGEA’ cover icon. Use of this address will only be used in relation to any future sales of ‘AEGEA’ and nothing else. So if you’d like advance notification or the accompanying code that places a subscriber at the front of the line for any on-sale, please sign up today. There is no charge to enlist and no advance fee for purchase is required.

As such the ‘AEGEA’ list will only help calculate if a bigger press than 500 copies is needed, will shorten the waiting time on receipt of any subsequent pressing, and serves as a courtesy for those most interested in acquiring their own vinyl copy of ‘AEGEA.’

Happily so, the first and second double-disc pressings of ‘AEGEA’ sold out to buyers from 27 countries in under one hour, and as Billy told us: “My wish is that everyone who wants to buy a vinyl copy of ‘AEGEA’ will have the opportunity to do so.” In this the set price for a third pressing of ‘AEGEA’ will be 29.95$ plus shipping and handling.

Link to subscribe here: http://www.smashingpumpkinsnexus.com/#!aegea-/c1408

THANK YOU FOR THIS! I read this thread continuously and the one day I dont....well at least I can get a copy...seriously thanks for passing on the info!

MACHINA REISSUE UPDATE

May 23, 2014

e56f8f_d36a4f8340594352a57823dda6f98421.

Looking forward to the eventual reissue of a restored and recompiled MACHINA, work has begun on transfers from the original 24 track tapes, as well as a host of select live shows. The effort will be unprecedented for Smashing Pumpkins et al, as Billy Corgan has indicated plans to put the album not only in it’s original and intended double/triple album sequence, but has designs on commissioning new remixes of all materials as well. The intention he says is clear: to present MACHINA in the original form in which it was written; or in his words, ‘as a theatrical narrative.’

Other possibilities of coalescing the story exist: including the addition of extant materials such acoustic alternates, re-contextualized soundtrack pieces, and use of spoken word to create an immersive experience.”

“I’m also not opposed to asking current artists to participate, singing songs as such on the compositions meant for other character’s voices,” Billy adds. “Finishing what the band started so long ago, and we just didn’t have the strength to end.”

http://www.smashingpumpkinsnexus.com/#!MACHINA-REISSUE-UPDATE/c7ba/EC3E5E0E-6CC1-49AF-9118-A5CD1BEB6FE0

YES

well, let's just say, if you stopped to listen to the clip when it first went up, you didn't have time to buy the first pressing.  <_<

Haha that's true. I'm not gonna lie - I bought it mostly cause it's signed by Corgan, it's pretty interesting, and it might be good.

If not, well, I'll sell it.