14. For Martha

15. Blank Page

Disc 3: In a State of Passage

01. Blissed and Gone (Sadlands Demo)

02. Christmastime (Sadlands Demo)

03. My Mistake (Sadlands Demo)

04. Sparrow (Sadlands Demo)

05. Valentine (Sadlands Demo)

06. The Tale of Dusty and Pistol Pete (Sadlands Demo)

07. What If? (Streeterville Demo)

08. Chewing Gum (CRC Demo)

09. The Tale of Dusty and Pistol Pete (CRC Demo)

10. The Ethers Tragic (Instrumental/ 2014 Mix/ CRC Demo)

11. The Guns of Love Disastrous (Instrumental/ 2014 Mix/ CRC Demo)

12. Annie-Dog (Take 10/ CRC Demo)

13. Once in a While (2014 Mix/ CRC Demo)

14. Do You Close Your Eyes When You Kiss Me? (CRC Demo)

15. For Martha (Take 1/ CRC Demo)

16. My Mistake (Take 1/ CRC Demo)

17. Blissed and Gone (CRC Demo)

18. For Martha (Take 2/ Instrumental/ CRC Demo)

Disc 4: Chalices, Palaces and Deep Pools

01. For Martha (Symphonic Snippet/ Instrumental)

02. Crestfallen (Matt Walker Reimagined/ 2014)

03. To Sheila (Early Banjo Version)

04. Ava Adore (Puffy Combs Remix 1998)

05. O Rio (Instrumental/ Sadlands Demo)

06. Waiting (Adore Outtake)

07. Once Upon a Time (Sadlands Demo)

08. Eye (2014 Mix/ From the ‘Lost Highway’ Soundtrack)

09. Saturnine (For Piano and Voice)

10. Cash Car Star (Matt Walker Reimagined/ 2014)

11. Pug (Matt Walker Reimagined/ 2014)

12. Perfect (No Strings Version)

13. It’s Alright (Instrumental/ Adore Outtake)

14. Czarina (Take 1/ Adore Outtake)

15. Indecision (Sadlands Demo)

16. Blank Page (Early Version)

Disc 5: Malice, Callous and Fools

01. Let Me Give the World to You (Adore Outtake)

02. Tear (From Digital Transfer)

03. Cross (Adore Outtake)

04. Because You Are (Adore B-Side)

05. Jersey Shore (Sadlands Demo)

06. Shame (Take 1)

07. Summer (Instrumental/ Adore Outtake)

08. Blissed and Gone (Drone Version)

09. Heaven (Instrumental/ Sadlands Demo)

10. Daphne Descends (Matt Walker Reimagined/ 2014)

11. Saturnine (Matt Walker Reimagined/ 2014)

12. Behold! the Night Mare (Alternate Vocal)

13. Perfect (Acoustic Demo/ Adore Outtake)

14. Do You Close Your Eyes? (Adore Outtake)

15. The Beginning Is The End Is The Beginning

Disc 6: Kissed Alive Too

01. Ava Adore (Live/ Sao Paulo Session)

02. Daphne Descends (Live/ Sao Paulo Session)

03. The Tale of Dusty and Pistol Pete (Live/ Sao Paulo Session)

04. Tear (Live/ Sao Paulo Session)

05. Shame (Live With Mancow/ Chicago)

06. Blank Page (Live With Mancow/ Chicago)

07. To Sheila (Live/ Nashville/ Ryman Auditorium)

08. Money (That’s What I Want) (Live/ Los Angeles/ Dodger Stadium)

09. X.Y.U. Medley (Live/ Los Angeles/ Dodger Stadium)

10. Transmission (Live/ Chicago/ Rehearsal)

Disc 7 – DVD: Fox Theater, Atlanta, GA – August 4, 1998

01. To Sheila

02. Behold! the Night Mare

03. Pug

04. Crestfallen

05. Ava Adore

06. Tear

07. Annie-Dog

08. Perfect

09. Thru the Eyes of Ruby

10. Tonight, Tonight

11. Once Upon a Time

12. The Tale of Dusty and Pistol Pete

13. Bullet with Butterfly Wings

14. Shame

15. For Martha

16. Blank Page

17. Transmission

AND HERE IS THE ACCOMPANYING PRESS RELEASE:

THE SMASHING PUMPKINS’ INTIMATE 1998 MASTERPIECE ‘ADORE’

SET FOR REISSUE ON SEPTEMBER 23

107-track six-CD/DVD package, bundled with rarities, demos and outtakes along with a complete live show from Atlanta’s Fox Theater, will be released in addition to 90-track deluxe digital, double vinyl and single CD versions 

Los Angeles, California – July 16, 2014 – When it was first released on June 1, 1998, the Smashing Pumpkins’ Adore, the follow-up to their mega-successful 1995 double album Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness, fans were puzzled by its lack of rock guitars, its folk and electronic elements and relative intimacy. Even the album title, as Billy Corgan mentions in the booklet that accompanies Universal Music Enterprises’ 107-track, six-CD/DVD reissue of the epic disc—due Virgin/UMe on Sept. 23—was misunderstood. 

“The funny thing was [it] was a joke that no one ever got,” says Corgan, explaining that Adore was meant as a play on “A Door.” The Smashing Pumpkins’ Adore offered a new entrance to the band’s career, as Corgan experimented with and without the band–whose drummer (and Billy’s musical confidant), Jimmy Chamberlin’s absence played as large a role as his presence might have in the making of the record. The highly personal Corgan songs reflected on the then-recent loss of his mother (“For Martha,” “Once Upon a Time”), his divorce and female issues (“Ava Adore,” “Crestfallen,” “Pug,” “Annie Dog”) and some of the most incisive lyrics he’s ever written (“Blank Pages”).

More than 15 years later, Adore--part of the continuing series of reissues of the iconic alternative band’s acclaimed catalog via Virgin/Ume--stands the test of time or as Rolling Stone writer David Wild calls it in the liner booklet, “the surprisingly beautiful sound of a great band falling apart.” Adore will be released in four different formats; among the previously unreleased tracks is the never-before-available “Blissed and Gone.”  Fans may recognize the melody as it can be briefly heard as the final track on the original Adore release.  

The Adore Super Deluxe six-CD/DVD package includes 107 tracks, featuring a mono version of the album; “In a State of Passage,” with demos from Corgan’s home Sadlands studio; “Chalices, Palaces, and Deep Pools,” devoted to outtakes, among them an instrumental version of “For Martha,” produced by Flood and Corgan, and “Malice, Callous, and Fools,” featuring an outtake from the Rick Rubin/Corgan collaboration, ”Let Me Give the World to You.” A sixth disc, “Kissed Alive Too,” spotlights live tracks recorded in Nashville’s Ryman Auditorium and L.A.’s Dodger Stadium, among others, while the DVD captures the Smashing Pumpkins in an August 4, 1998 performance at Fox Theater in Atlanta, Georgia. A full booklet with liner notes is also part of the release.

In addition, Adore will be available as a single CD, a double-vinyl version and a deluxe, 90-track digital package. 

Capturing a transitional period in the Smashing Pumpkins’ history, Billy Corgan was glad to revisit some of these songs, adding in versions with Bon Harris’ electronic wizardry that proves how the album was way ahead of its time. “I love Adore, but for a while, my opinion of the record was so intertwined with people’s reactions to it at the time. I would say that my kind of iffy feelings lingered long past the point when a lot of fans seemed to come back around to the record–which seemed to really start happening around seven years ago. Now Adore is name-checked by fans constantly.”

Now, thanks to UMe’s four-pronged restoration of this gem, the album can reach a whole new generation of fans, its themes of in Corgan’s words, “disassociation and disintegration and disembodiment” more relevant than ever more than a decade and a half later.-- 

basically, they'll sell the vinyl and boxsets for the regular price. if you spend an extra $50 in the tea shop, you'll get it autographed. If you spend $100 in the tea shop, you'll get it personalized. 

the question is, can i order the vinyl and have it autographed or personalized and spend the $100 on the cd box set?

EDIT: Nope. Can't get more music. Not that I need anything autographed. But if I were to get something, I'd get some jams or siracha. 

hmmm

every single vinyl reissue so far has had the same track listing as the original CD. We never expected it to be more than 2LPs.

I was misinformed by a friend that these were going to be expanded 4-5 LP editions then. I thought that it was a little ridiculous. Nonetheless, I am excited to own this.

Billy has said it's going to be a Stereo mix.

Doubtful as everything so far has had re-imagined art. 

So...without there being anything specific in the press release and based on past information, are we assuming the vinyl reissue is in stereo?

I didn't see that Billy had said that the reissue LP was going to be Stereo. If I had to guess I would assume that this was going to be MONO since the original was MONO and Disc 2 of the CD boxset is the remastered MONO edition. But then again I haven't heard anything concrete so this is nothing more than my 2 cents to the discussion.