Smashing Pumpkins

I contacted Amazon.ca regarding my pressing that was purchased in 2012 for $8 (long story but that's what I paid), with the horrible sounding Zero. After explanning my problem to them, they are sending me a replacement as long as I return the defective boxset to them. I hope the new boxset I receive is the new press with the larger runout.

I contacted Amazon.ca regarding my pressing that was purchased in 2012 for $8 (long story but that's what I paid), with the horrible sounding Zero. After explanning my problem to them, they are sending me a replacement as long as I return the defective boxset to them. I hope the new boxset I receive is the new press with the larger runout.

Let me know if that works and you receive the new one because I might send mine back too.

When did you contact Amazon.ca?  I'm tempted to try this out as well, but figured there wouldn't be a response for a purchase made in 2012.

This is awesome and thanks for sharing. I may do the same. Got mine from Amazon.ca as well in the $35 range, it'd be great if you let us know if the copy you get is like the one joeybuckets posted pictures of. Will save me the $70 bucks to buy a new one and keep the old.

Tbh, I didn't even realize that there was a problem with the pressing until I read it on here. I took a closer listen and saw that my copy didn't sound that good. I basically emailed them, in a nice manner, that I loved this album and was willing to ship my copy back to them for a replacement. I also mentioned that this was a known issue that has been corrected by the label. I purchase a lot of vinyl , amongst other items, from Amazon. That may have helped as well. Maybe Capitol (?) should step in and replace copies. It was their mistake... I didn't want to rub it in, just thought that maybe some other members would have the same luck as I did getting a replacement.