Smashing Pumpkins

What's the deal with Siamese Dream in retail stores. Got mine at b&n maybe a year ago for around $28 which I thought was a bit high but it's $48 in there now. And all the vintage stocks around here have it closer to $70. Easily obtainable on discogs for around $25 though.

Same here in NZ, a local store Real Groovy has is for $98 now!

• 1 month later...

I was in Chicago over the weekend. Saturday a friend and I made it up to Madame Zuzu's, we walk in and Billy greets us and hands us some menus. He was friendly, I had brought up my Siamese Dream jacket to sign, but he was on dad duty with his baby while his girlfriend made our tea. I didn't want to bother him with his family there, so maybe next time. Tea was good, definitely a unique experience.

Also, I ordered Rock The Rivera a while back, it's a solid live show, happy to own it.

I was in Chicago over the weekend. Saturday a friend and I made it up to Madame Zuzu's, we walk in and Billy greets us and hands us some menus. He was friendly, I had brought up my Siamese Dream jacket to sign, but he was on dad duty with his baby while his girlfriend made our tea. I didn't want to bother him with his family there, so maybe next time. Tea was good, definitely a unique experience.

Also, I ordered Rock The Rivera a while back, it's a solid live show, happy to own it.

I know he doesn't like doing autographs. I tried to say hi and have him sign my copy of Siamese Dream after a show once and he just waved off myself and the small group of fans waiting for him and went straight to his ride. My childhood dreams of meeting him were shattered.

What's the deal with Siamese Dream in retail stores. Got mine at b&n maybe a year ago for around $28 which I thought was a bit high but it's $48 in there now. And all the vintage stocks around here have it closer to $70. Easily obtainable on discogs for around $25 though.

can't comment really on WHY the price rise on S.D., other than I got mine for almost 35 euro (a lot i thought) and now its over 60 euros from a German store

but I was back home in the U.S. around Christmas and went into a Vintage Stocks... first time I have seen such a place.  What a joke!  Granted they had a ton of good CD, Comic, and nerd fluff in stock, but their vinyl had new releases between 5 and 10 bucks more than most other retailers, and then completely irrational prices on their used.  Records that where in moldy conditions for 10 bucks. Semi-popular, yet, very easy to find mainstream stuff for 10/15/25 bucks you can get for a few dollars other places... Fleetwood Mac Rumours 17.99 for a 70's press with scratches no inner or poster.....didn't quite get it, and definitely: never going back again.

i was wanting a cheap Jefferson Starship album from '79 that has JANE on it since the Wet Hot American Summer series last August... I saw it first thing in the front of the rack, thinking yea finally a used copy, flipped it over and 24,99!!! WTH!?

Yeah at first I rolled my eyes a little at the idea of a BC guitar, but if what they say in the video is actually true I'm pretty interested in this instrument. I had to laugh that Billy keeps calling the "wings" hollow even after the engineer kind of politely corrects him and explains how it actually works.

Yeah at first I rolled my eyes a little at the idea of a BC guitar, but if what they say in the video is actually true I'm pretty interested in this instrument. I had to laugh that Billy keeps calling the "wings" hollow even after the engineer kind of politely corrects him and explains how it actually works.

For as gear-oriented as Billy is, he's self-admittedly lacking in technical gear knowledge.  You'd think that someone who has an enormous pedal collection, has crazy amounts of amps and guitars, and has even had loads of custom stuff made for him, he'd have a better understanding of terminology.  

• 2 weeks later...

Some people on twitter have said some presale passwords that have worked for them so far are:
electro
plainsong
award

They aren't coming here for this tour. So I am little bummed. But I saw BC and JC last year with Manson. And that was a great show. This should be awesome too. Hope you get good tickets.

I went to his Minneapolis Plainsong show last year, was a pretty cool gig. Wished Jimmy had been there drumming though. There was just a backing track playing for songs that had drums. I waited outside the back exit hoping to get an album signed, Billy comes out and just waves everyone off with a flick of the wrist in a pretentious way, doesn't say anything, and gets into his ride. Classic Billy.

Some people on twitter have said some presale passwords that have worked for them so far are:

electro

plainsong

award

They aren't coming here for this tour. So I am little bummed. But I saw BC and JC last year with Manson. And that was a great show. This should be awesome too. Hope you get good tickets.

Thanks, "electro" worked! I caught the full band tour last summer, and went to the performance at Jimmy Kimmel just over a year ago. Both were excellent.