Smashing Pumpkins

1 minute ago, DOMAN127 said:

I want Mellon Collie on 3LPs with the OG track listing like God Corgan intended but I'm afraid I won't get that wish. Siamese Dream start-to-finish tour would be my other wish.

I read, sometime after the MCIS reissue came out, that the intended tracklist was the CD tracklist. I dunno what to believe though.

• 5 weeks later...
On 8/5/2016 at 10:26 PM, highfives said:

I just grabbed a copy of the LTEV Rock the Riviera.  There's a bizarre spot in Jellybelly where it sounds like a digital glitch.  Anyone else hear the same thing?

I think I noticed that as well. I guess that comes with the territory with a bootleg. Speaking of bootlegs, it seems like every year a new one comes out. Just found this pre-order. EDIT: Looks like it's already out.

A1DEtH46GNL._SX355_.jpg

91TNUDAiLwL._SL1500_.jpg

https://smile.amazon.com/Live-Del-Mar-Fairgrounds-1993/dp/B01D28JSXQ/ref=sr_1_7?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1473043505&sr=1-7&keywords=smashing+pumpkins

Edited by nick6ten

34 minutes ago, nick6ten said:

I think I noticed that as well. I guess that comes with the territory with a bootleg. Speaking of bootlegs, it seems like every year a new one comes out. Just found this pre-order. EDIT: Looks like it's already out.

A1DEtH46GNL._SX355_.jpg

91TNUDAiLwL._SL1500_.jpg

https://smile.amazon.com/Live-Del-Mar-Fairgrounds-1993/dp/B01D28JSXQ/ref=sr_1_7?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1473043505&sr=1-7&keywords=smashing+pumpkins

You know what I'd do for a vinyl copy of Astoria 94 or one of the '96 Kezar shows?  Well, I'd probably pay money for them.

Seriously, I'm not sure why we're not seeing some of the older bootlegs that have been in circulation since forever.

I'm listening to that Del Mar bootleg right now, and here are my thoughts:

• it's a nice quiet pressing

• it is suffering from just your typical live audio - vocals that sometimes overtake everything, a little muddy

• it is edited since it was a radio broadcast. It is edited poorly every time Billy swears. LOL

• they kept the radio announcer in the audio, and he sometimes breaks into a "STAY TUNED FOR MORE SMASHING PUMPKINS" in the middle of a side. Seems like it would've been easy enough to edit out?

tl;dr: it's a decent boot. I feel I got exactly what I expected out of it. 

New Billy video update:  BC Solo record is being/has been produced with Rick Rubin.

SP will be making a new album that "will be somewhere between Gish and Siamese Dream" with Jimmy on drums and "other people who used to be in the band."  

SP will also start releasing early archival stuff 88-92 on vinyl and digital.  No word about Machina though.

Fucking pumped!

2 minutes ago, highfives said:

New Billy video update:  BC Solo record is being/has been produced with Rick Rubin.

SP will be making a new album that "will be somewhere between Gish and Siamese Dream" with Jimmy on drums and "other people who used to be in the band."  

SP will also start releasing early archival stuff 88-92 on vinyl and digital.  No word about Machina though.

Fucking pumped!

@DOMAN127

Probably late to this but I've been meaning to pick up MC&TIS but I don't know which copy I should get and I've seen some sound better then others, should I get the 3XLP or the boxset?

edit: just realized my local record store has the 3XLP But it's a boot. Boxset it is for me then.

Edited by Rottengoth

5 hours ago, Rottengoth said:

Probably late to this but I've been meaning to pick up MC&TIS but I don't know which copy I should get and I've seen some sound better then others, should I get the 3XLP or the boxset?

edit: just realized my local record store has the 3XLP But it's a boot. Boxset it is for me then.

How much is the boot? I've been looking into one since it has the original track listing.

7 hours ago, mindovermatter said:

All of the 3xLP boots sound pretty terrible. The outer edges of each record have like a warbly sound to them. It slowly improves as you get closer to the label, which is rather odd. 

I'm an SP completist, so I have both the black and the clear boots. 

That makes $54 a little harder to swallow. Is it passable? 

• 2 months later...