Smashing Pumpkins

1 hour ago, mmfood said:

Why did you get hurt? Lol. I'm only expressing how I feel in the sense of I'm not going to return a record because of about two minutes of surface noise on a soft piano introduction. I'd rather just skip it. Make sense? 

I really like the intro, it's essential because the album ends with a reprise of it so it bookends. I'd be upset if it was like that on my copy.

Yes I get the importance of it and it's a beautiful song that sets the mood of the album but like I said I can live with it the way it is. I understand how some people can take it the wrong way when I said "idgaf about a piano intro." I apologize for upsetting people with my choice of words. I'd rather not deal with the hassle of returning it to amazon and getting another one with possibly the same issue. It's just easier for me to skip something that has noticeable surface noise.  

11 hours ago, mmfood said:

Yes I get the importance of it and it's a beautiful song that sets the mood of the album but like I said I can live with it the way it is. I understand how some people can take it the wrong way when I said "idgaf about a piano intro." I apologize for upsetting people with my choice of words. I'd rather not deal with the hassle of returning it to amazon and getting another one with possibly the same issue. It's just easier for me to skip something that has noticeable surface noise.  

You don't need to apologize. And no one is "writing off MCIS as a piano intro." That's just made up nonsense.

Edited by kannibal

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
31 minutes ago, unknown pleasures said:

Siddartha $125 off sale, 1-day-only:

http://www.madamezuzus.com/siddartha-box-set/

That's a huge discount, but still nowhere near what I'd pay for that.  I might pay like $40 for it, but only for the collector's aspect.   Guaranteed I'd maybe listen to it once and shelve it.

40 minutes ago, timsimmons said:

remember when he said they were gonna do vinyl only SP archive releases?

I really think BC is running on stream of consciousness shit full time now.  Like he has all of these ideas but just doesn't have  enough time or support to complete all of them before coming up with another idea.  Like 30 Days and 50x50.   The solo record should have dropped but I heard was pushed back.   I would've expected a couple of summer dates to pop up, but not with APC touring now.  

Whatever though.  I'll just take what he puts out and check my expectations.   But that Machina reissue (and Zwan, solo BC, etc) really, really, really, really need to fucking happen.

6 minutes ago, highfives said:

Fucking 20th for Adore...  I'm  feeling old.

Tell me about it! It's already pretty crazy how many early 2000s albums are being reissued for 15th anniversary editions... Postal Service, Badly Drawn Boy, Califone... Even more crazy is knowing that Sgt. Peppers is about to be 50 years old, which is twice as old as when I first started listening to The Beatles seriously. Now, albums from that early 90s era like the first Blur are celebrating their 25th anniversary!

Edited by armadillo01

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, dreamover said:

So, I noticed this popped up on Bullmoose a few weeks ago for RSD, but can't find any other information about it anywhere and it obviously never came out for RSD. Does anyone know anything about it?  http://www.bullmoose.com/p/24880869/smashing-pumpkins-london-by-day-sp-at-the-bbc

It's probably just the next bootleg that is coming out.  There has been a consistent output of SP radio  roadcast bootlegs coming out.