Smashing Pumpkins

It sounds pretty rational from BC’s side of things.  I think news outlets have been spinning this to create more shit than there is (ya think?) 

i also think it’s kind of bullshit that D’Arcy is screenshotting texts to the media.  What does it prove?  That the door is open for her to come back in whatever capacity she’s capable of?  Sounds like a good deal. 

I'm sure she's upset not to be involved in the way she wants but Billy has a point and was really trying to bridge the gap and find an amicable solution. I would certainly have reservations about admitting someone to a big tour who hasn't played professionally in two decades.

8 hours ago, highfives said:

It sounds pretty rational from BC’s side of things.  I think news outlets have been spinning this to create more shit than there is (ya think?) 

i also think it’s kind of bullshit that D’Arcy is screenshotting texts to the media.  What does it prove?  That the door is open for her to come back in whatever capacity she’s capable of?  Sounds like a good deal. 

I think if she would have ever come back, it would have been with another band a long time ago.  I would love to see her on stage with the rest of the band, but at this point I don't think it will ever happen.

https://www.alternativenation.net/smashing-pumpkins-bassist-darcy-first-interview-in-20-years/

Here's a new interview with D'Arcy for anyone interested. All of this is not the type of publicity they had in mind before tomorrow's announcement I'm sure. Such a shame they can't get it together.

34 minutes ago, pepperonigin said:

https://www.alternativenation.net/smashing-pumpkins-bassist-darcy-first-interview-in-20-years/

Here's a new interview with D'Arcy for anyone interested. All of this is not the type of publicity they had in mind before tomorrow's announcement I'm sure. Such a shame they can't get it together.

Oof.  If this reunion and these people's relationships are ruined because they're all communicating through text messages, it will be ridiculous.

At this point, I wouldn't hold any breath for any kind of reunion. With the exception of TheFutureEmbrace (which I really enjoy), everything he's put out since Zeitgeist is just tough to digest. Compare those albums to any b-side that came out with the re-releases and it's clear that Billy lost his mojo since. It just got pointless, empty and it would end up as just another greatest hits act to remind us of how old we got. Kinda like going to a Beach Boys concert. Give us the Machina re-release and we can all move forward. 

Edited by azvd

1 hour ago, azvd said:

At this point, I wouldn't hold any breath for any kind of reunion. With the exception of TheFutureEmbrace (which I really enjoy), everything he's put out since Zeitgeist is just tough to digest. Compare those albums to any b-side that came out with the re-releases and it's clear that Billy lost his mojo since. It just got pointless, empty and it would end up as just another greatest hits act to remind us of how old we got. Kinda like going to a Beach Boys concert. Give us the Machina re-release and we can all move forward. 

I disagree. I like Oceania a lot and I've enjoyed his new solo album quite a bit.

As for the reunion, it's certainly happening, just without D'Arcy.

I really liked Oceania. Its the only post OG lineup that I can get into

I am also not a fan of Adore. Jimmy is really missed on that album and it got way too on the electronic element trend of that time. It is a hard listen for me when I can listen to Gish, Siamese, Pisces or Mellon Collie

Dates will be announced tmmw. Venues are

NYC- Madison Square garden

Chicago- United Center

LA- Forum

18 minutes ago, converge88 said:

Is it just me or do you guys think they might have trouble selling all of these tickets in some of these markets?

I feel like the smaller "meat and potato" markets are going to be the easiest for them. That's where people wont/dont give a shit about Bill Corgan being a fucking turd for the last 12 years. 

The bigger cities are going to be harder to convince people to give this guy their money money. 

1 minute ago, pepperonigin said:

Billy hasn’t sold those types of venues in a long time. It’s certainly ambitious but if there’s enough buzz and prices aren’t out of control they can do it. They’re limiting the sets to the first five albums so it’s possible. 

Tickets max out at $125, but since it's Ticketmaster/Live Nation, they'll be almost $200 each.  Ughhhhh.