Smashing Pumpkins

Ummmm... I just want this:

https://www.discogs.com/The-Smashing-Pumpkins-Machina-II-The-Friends-Enemies-Of-Modern-Music/release/923067

...without being re-sequenced and interspersed with the Machina I songs. Why can't I just have that? Those albums have stood as separate entities for nearly 20 years. They're good like that.

3 minutes ago, timsimmons said:

It sounds like he's doing just that. AND the new version.

For real? I didn't get that but there are so many back channels of different info focusing on several variable aspects of this project that I may have just missed that. I haven't seen that confirmed but I hope you're right.

• 7 months later...
3 hours ago, Sanspants said:

Not only is it unofficial, the person selling it claims it's the only copy. 

One just sold on eBay the other day for around $360, so it's not the only copy.  Seems like someone in the UK pressed some boots and they're starting to filter out.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Smashing-Pumpkins-Zeitgeist-2x-LP-Limited-record-Like-Mellon-Collie-NOT-promo/133079169269?hash=item1efc22f8f5:g:OuwAAOSwASxc~RM3

• 1 year later...

I’m going to assume the first one is single #1 for Vol. 2 and the last one is the release date for the album.  One might be for a video release since BC posted a teaser for making a video.

I’m doubtful the other ones are all additional singles, but you never know?  I’m not sure I believe any of those is the Machina reissue only because it’s all themed the same way and feels like it should all be related to the new album.

Edited by highfives

35 minutes ago, Scruffy...the janitor said:

I really wish  the countdown was for a proper Zeitgeist vinyl release. I doubt it though

We’ll probably have to wait a while for that one - like after all the TFE and Zwan stuff.  

There are so many reissues I want to see happen though, I just hope they do.

Another counter has been added and the “Explore the Ritual” site.

https://www.smashingpumpkins.com

Still trying to figure out puzzle #2, but answering the word jumble will get you a 20% off code good between 8/28 and 8/31... so you can guess something is popping up on the store after the single is released Friday.