Smashing Pumpkins

• 4 weeks later...

On Instagram, Billy just made a bunch of announcements.

-The MACHINA release is currently being mixed and sits at around 50 songs. 

-The band is currently recording a sequel record to MCIS/MACHINA which would be the third part. It will have 33 songs.

-The band is also currently recording the third part of the Shiny series which would be the third part.

-The band plans on doing a Mellon Collie arena tour as soon as it's safe to do so. They won't be playing the album in full, but the night would be themed around Mellon Collie and songs written around that time. The setlist would pull from MCIS & AFH and more. 

Pretty exciting stuff. 

1 hour ago, fish said:

The arena show i went to on the reunion tour was so undersold that they blocked off the upper levels and upgraded everyone lower bowl. And even that seemed half empty. Will his ego not allow him to just do packed 5k venues?

I had no issues with that at all. I bought a ticket for $10.57 (radio promotion) and ended up very close to the stage. 

14 hours ago, fish said:

The arena show i went to on the reunion tour was so undersold that they blocked off the upper levels and upgraded everyone lower bowl. And even that seemed half empty. Will his ego not allow him to just do packed 5k venues?

i went to both the Chicago shows and the united center was 99% full on night one and 90% full on night two. 

though, in his announcement, he specifically mentioned the large scale production that would be too large for theaters. 

• 4 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, timsimmons said:

I agree. I'm the same way. 

But I'm not saying 'fuck this guy he shouldn't make money for the art he made'. Its fair to call out bootlegs.

to be fair, it says virgin on the listings, so do we have another mars volta situation, where it is a completely legal repress and homeboy just signed a bad contract? perhaps.

also, lemme make it more clear: THIS FUCKHEAD BLEW HIS WAD ON A FAILED WRESTLING LEAGUE VENTURE AND GOES ON ALEX JONES' PODCAST SPEWING BULLSHIT. IF I DON'T HAVE TO GIVE HIM MY MONEY, I AM HAPPY TO CIRCUMVENT THAT.

1 hour ago, jrodan said:

to be fair, it says virgin on the listings, so do we have another mars volta situation, where it is a completely legal repress and homeboy just signed a bad contract? perhaps.

also, lemme make it more clear: THIS FUCKHEAD BLEW HIS WAD ON A FAILED WRESTLING LEAGUE VENTURE AND GOES ON ALEX JONES' PODCAST SPEWING BULLSHIT. IF I DON'T HAVE TO GIVE HIM MY MONEY, I AM HAPPY TO CIRCUMVENT THAT.

But you're cool giving money to bootleggers to listen to said fuckhead? You draw a curvy ass line my friend.