Smashing Pumpkins

7 minutes ago, deftbarley said:

But you're cool giving money to bootleggers to listen to said fuckhead? You draw a curvy ass line my friend.

1. This doesn’t appear to be a bootleg, as it says Virgin for the label. 

2. If it is a bootleg, so long as the bootleggers aren’t using their platform (which is nowhere near the same platform Corgan has) to go on Alex Jones’ podcast, I feel better giving them money. 
3. Learn to not only read, but comprehend. 

3 hours ago, jrodan said:

1. This doesn’t appear to be a bootleg, as it says Virgin for the label. 

2. If it is a bootleg, so long as the bootleggers aren’t using their platform (which is nowhere near the same platform Corgan has) to go on Alex Jones’ podcast, I feel better giving them money. 
3. Learn to not only read, but comprehend. 

1. Doesn't matter because I'm addressing the fact you don't care if it's a bootleg or not.

2. I didn't know you were going to research the bootleggers and their platform to make sure they align with your values. Let us know what you find.

3. Your logic defies comprehension.

2 minutes ago, deftbarley said:

1. Doesn't matter because I'm addressing the fact you don't care if it's a bootleg or not.

i said "bootleg" not bootleg, because as i have now mentioned multiple times, it does not look like a bootleg.

3 minutes ago, deftbarley said:

2. I didn't know you were going to research the bootleggers and their platform to make sure they align with your values. Let us know what you find.

interesting how you can use hyperbole, yet not understand it when it is used by someone else.

5 minutes ago, deftbarley said:

3. Your logic defies comprehension.

you are dumb.

2 minutes ago, jrodan said:

i said "bootleg" not bootleg, because as i have now mentioned multiple times, it does not look like a bootleg.

interesting how you can use hyperbole, yet not understand it when it is used by someone else.

you are dumb.

I'm not using hyperbole. How do you not see that it doesn't matter what this listing is when you said you'd give money to bootleggers over Corgan? Spend your money how you want but get off your pedestal about how you won't pay the artist if you can "CIRCUMVENT THAT" when we all know bootleggers are a cancer of the hobby.

38 minutes ago, DecayToDeath said:

If corgan wasn't bigoted/transphobic n' shit then I would definitely take issue with that, but fuck him lol

Totally agree. Fuck him for sure. That's not not true. But a lot of people deserve to paid for their work on an official release vs a bootleg. I don't think there's ever a reason to buy a bootleg. It's a fake record just sitting in your collection. But let's not forget, fuck billy corgan.

4 minutes ago, deftbarley said:

Totally agree. Fuck him for sure. That's not not true. But a lot of people deserve to paid for their work on an official release vs a bootleg. I don't think there's ever a reason to buy a bootleg. It's a fake record just sitting in your collection. But let's not forget, fuck billy corgan.

Someone is starting to understand nuance!

• 1 month later...
11 hours ago, bjorn said:

Exciting. I don't see Speed Kills on that list though... surely that will be included.

Yeah not sure if this is the final song list or not, there is about 7 tracks on it not on the original M1 or M2, but there are also more missing beyond Speed Kills (Raindrops + Sunshowers & Wound from M1 / Dross, Go, Innosense, Saturnine & Soul Power from M2)

6 hours ago, MachoHommeRandallSauvage said:

No, the price went up dramatically sometime after TAFH box set came out and they realized people would pay $30 per 12”. Originally Gish was $20 and SD was $25. Now SD goes for $50 list. 

On 12/23/2020 at 4:24 PM, heyjoespin said:

If anyone has an Aeroplane box set they want to get rid of or know where I can get one please hook a brother up!

I bought this, not looking to sell, but don’t think that it is a good release and definitely not worth the current price. There is WAY to much sibilance. No idea if it’s just my copy or if that was how they EQd for the vinyl. My CD box set was a significantly better experience for me though. I generally prefer vinyl, but not this.

23 hours ago, mirrorboxer said:

I bought this, not looking to sell, but don’t think that it is a good release and definitely not worth the current price. There is WAY to much sibilance. No idea if it’s just my copy or if that was how they EQd for the vinyl. My CD box set was a significantly better experience for me though. I generally prefer vinyl, but not this.

Mine sounds great. Listen to it all the time.