Smashing Pumpkins

18 minutes ago, ejc625 said:

Yeah I got the Mellon Collie and Infinite Sadness box set on Amazon for $50 just 4 years ago. Now I’m laying around that price for a standard, no frills 2xLP

Yeah...I'm about done with the hobby if this trend continues. I only have a few more nostalgia buys left anyway and new stuff usually dips pretty low after a few weeks.

I know inflation is a thing and general costs of vinyl are escalating but so much of it has to do with the labels and artists.  I copped 3 records on bandcamp Friday and they were $18, $22, and $24 a piece.  None over $30 after taxes and shipping were added.  Granted they weren’t double LPs, that still works for me.  The last 4LP box I bought was BCNR’s AFUT for $44 PPD, and that was in February of this year.  Hip-hip consumed by Supreme kids, VMP, and shit like the Euphoria OST are outlier offenders with 2022 vinyl pricing.  Of course I wish stuff was cheaper but I guess I’ve not yet felt the “I’m gonna’ quit this hobby” sting just yet.

1 hour ago, Derek™ said:

I know inflation is a thing and general costs of vinyl are escalating but so much of it has to do with the labels and artists.  I copped 3 records on bandcamp Friday and they were $18, $22, and $24 a piece.  None over $30 after taxes and shipping were added.  Granted they weren’t double LPs, that still works for me.  The last 4LP box I bought was BCNR’s AFUT for $44 PPD, and that was in February of this year.  Hip-hip consumed by Supreme kids, VMP, and shit like the Euphoria OST are outlier offenders with 2022 vinyl pricing.  Of course I wish stuff was cheaper but I guess I’ve not yet felt the “I’m gonna’ quit this hobby” sting just yet.

Yeah, I was being a bit hyperbolic, and I really am just about to the point where I have anything I've ever "needed" record-wise. I'm way less likely to pick up overpriced reissues at this point though, and glad that I have most of the older stuff I've wanted that continues to rise in price.

I was able to score a UK Hut pressing of Siamese Dream for $35 or something, maybe 12 years ago. The US pressing floating around at that time was terrible, but the Hut version plays beautifully, so this was one of the smarter buys I've made. I'd grab a reissue just to have a less delicate copy to play (jacket is kind of thin). Hopefully they go back to the original color scheme though.

12 hours ago, MachoHommeRandallSauvage said:

Yeah...I'm about done with the hobby if this trend continues. I only have a few more nostalgia buys left anyway and new stuff usually dips pretty low after a few weeks.

I'm 100% with you. I am buying way less new records and represses than ever. I have been focusing on older higher priced records that I just never got around to buying. But i do still appreciate the labels that keep their prices between $20-$30 and will keep buying what I can from them. But back on topic, albums like SD and MC just never should have went OOP. There was always a market for them and nobody should have to pay $200+ for them (especially for a repress).

12 minutes ago, timsimmons said:

surprised they are playing venues that big.

Weren't they having  a hard time selling out venues that weren't Chicago for their reunion anniversary tour a few years back?

At the Detroit show they actually decided to close off the upper deck completely and upgrade all of those ticket holders to better seats when they got to the venue. The place was half full. They are playing the same place this tour.

Edited by fish

20 minutes ago, timsimmons said:

surprised they are playing venues that big.

Weren't they having  a hard time selling out venues that weren't Chicago for their reunion anniversary tour a few years back?

I went to the Aragon show and it was packed. I think it was a discounted radio station show though.

Blah, hate Moda Center so much. They really should have done a Theater of the Clouds show there, where they pretty much split the arena into 1/3 of the size and make it more of an “intimate” theater show vs. a full stadium thing. Seeing Sigur Ros with that setup tonight and it should be interesting. 

2 hours ago, Bronchitis said:

Blah, hate Moda Center so much. They really should have done a Theater of the Clouds show there, where they pretty much split the arena into 1/3 of the size and make it more of an “intimate” theater show vs. a full stadium thing. Seeing Sigur Ros with that setup tonight and it should be interesting. 

That's what they did for Third Eye Blind and it was terrific. I'd love ot if they did that for Pumpkins.

15 hours ago, SNEAKORDS said:

I fully expect this tour to be like Rage and have tickets around $300

My Rage tickets were $150, including fees, for floor seats. Bought them the day they went in sale. They were the most expensive tickets at the venue. 

I expect the SP/JA tour to be similar in price, but they will not sell out anywhere near as fast - if at all. 

On 5/10/2022 at 8:32 AM, chiefwahoo said:

Someone posted this on Discogs, so maybe? I am not on Instagram so I can't see the relevant post

referencing Siamese Dream, 2xLP, Album, RE, RM, RP, 180, 50999 67928 9 10

This is being pressed right now. Expect release soon. Follow Memphis Record Pressing Instagram.

Plaid Room saying MCIS is coming too. 

Tickets are insanely priced for this...at least the show here in Hollywood/Ft. Lauderdale. Floor tix were in the $500+ each. Granted...it's Ticketmaster's bullshit Platinum self-scalping nonsense. My buddy really, really wanted those since he's never seen Jane's Addiction...I had to bring him down to earth on spending that much. We opted for the $175 lower bowl seats. And shit was going fast. 

28 minutes ago, jhulud said:

Tickets are insanely priced for this...at least the show here in Hollywood/Ft. Lauderdale. Floor tix were in the $500+ each. Granted...it's Ticketmaster's bullshit Platinum self-scalping nonsense. My buddy really, really wanted those since he's never seen Jane's Addiction...I had to bring him down to earth on spending that much. We opted for the $175 lower bowl seats. And shit was going fast. 

Other than the Platinum seats, prices seemed pretty reasonable for Minneapolis. I got very good floor seats for $95 plus fees.