Smashing Pumpkins

My local posted around 10:30am that they'd gotten restock of both Mellon Collie and SD. Both were super limited stock and hitting the shelves at 11am. I live about 30 minutes from the store and work until around 4 each day. But there's a reason they're my favorite store, I was able to call and purchase over the phone (even was able to use a gift card over the phone which involved me writing "VOID" on the gc myself and texting the manager the picture of it lol). So now my copy is officially reserved!!! So excited to not have missed out on this. 

1 hour ago, dreamover said:

costs have gone way up and plant bandwidth is way down

That's true but the variation in pricing is extreme from title to title and label to label. It seems like with titles that they know have people clamoring, they're pricing extra high markup upon and with less notorious acts prices are still looking similar to pre-pandemic. 

I don't think most of the markups are due to increased overhead. Maybe in some cases but overall it just feels like more gouging where they think they can get away with it. 

6 minutes ago, iwokeinrelief said:

THANK YOU.  Goddamn I hope this one doesn't get cancelled.

It was posted on reddit a couple hours ago so they just have sold a ton of these. But looks like some people called them and supposedly they can cover the orders so far. So hopefully you guys are good.

Edited by fish

1 minute ago, Bronchitis said:

Back ordered in case anyone gets excited when they see the link. Crazy how fast these are going.

Balls!

But EVERYBODY READING THIS RIGHT NOW:

Click the "Notify Me" button and get notified when its back in stock. That is the only reason I got my copy just now. Hopefully it comes back in greater numbers but if you don't want to miss out, get your email notification set up.

It’s been a long time since I have spun my copy of the original pressing of this box - are all of the sides pretty messed up or is it just side A at the end of Zero where it gets all distorted and awful sounding? I can live with it if it’s just that one song.

Edited by Bronchitis
typo

12 minutes ago, Bronchitis said:

It’s been a long time since I have spun my copy of the original pressing of this box - are all of the sides pretty messed up or is it just side A at the end of Zero where it gets all distorted and awful sounding? I can live with it if it’s just that one song.

Zero is the worst of all of the issues on that but all of the sides from about midway on get pretty clippy and crunchy and its not okay especially for how expensive it WAS back in 2012 but even if it was free, its not cool to have that kind of garbage audio on a record. I still have mine as well. It brings me so much sorrow every time I tell myself its fine and just to listen to it. Then I do and I'm pissed off all over again. The other sides are not as bad, but they are NOT good.

We should really be able to exchange our discs for free when you think about it. I wonder what contacting the label would do at this point. I think we should try that.

Edited by mcpherson123

1 minute ago, originalfake said:

Everything I've read about these newer releases says that issue was fixed. 

I can't imagine they are going to do anything for those of us who have the 2012 release though. 

Indeed the issue was fixed but they should be replacing the discs and eating the ass of any customer who is still stuck with that atrocity of a mastering job.

5 minutes ago, thglif52 said:

Do you guys think I'm still good with my DeepDiscount order if they haven't already cancelled it?  Trying to decide if I should jump on one of these other sites when they pop up.  

You might be ok. After ordering there from Walmart I worried it would have been better to buy from them directly.