Smashing Pumpkins

Just now, originalfake said:

You should have demanded better back in 2012. Do you really think they are going to do something now? 

I don't know. I haven't tried but I should think that as long as they are producing corrected copies of the material, a person should be able to get such treatment as a replacement for a botched expensive item. Its not like the company is long defunct and the material is completely out of production. Its clearly back in production.

its like the plague.
I have 30 + years.
I have spent my life to be here now today.
Can I ask a question?? what have you spent youre entire life dream on?
I am blessed to have my name on the dead wax.
I am broke, 2 fucked up marriges and single.
I dont give a shit about amazon.
I cut the re release,and everyone wants to bring me down.
just return it

43 minutes ago, mcpherson123 said:

I don't know. I haven't tried but I should think that as long as they are producing corrected copies of the material, a person should be able to get such treatment as a replacement for a botched expensive item. Its not like the company is long defunct and the material is completely out of production. Its clearly back in production.

I imagine they are going to tell you to contact where you bought it. Most of the time when there are pressing issues like that, that's the route they tell you to take. We don't even know if the same company that pressed the 2012 run is who is pressing this run. I'm not saying you shouldn't try if you really want to but given that it's been damn near a decade, I would not expect them (and we don't even know who the "them" is here) to do anything. 

9 minutes ago, originalfake said:

I imagine they are going to tell you to contact where you bought it. Most of the time when there are pressing issues like that, that's the route they tell you to take. We don't even know if the same company that pressed the 2012 run is who is pressing this run. I'm not saying you shouldn't try if you really want to but given that it's been damn near a decade, I would not expect them (and we don't even know who the "them" is here) to do anything. 

I hear what you're saying. My point is we should expect and demand better than what you're expecting from them. Demand big business do better and make a scene and a lot of times it forces them to do better and honor a purchase that has been unsatisfactorily met. 

12 minutes ago, timsimmons said:

But the replacements were just the 2012 version and not the 2014 repress, right? So I assume the replacements were also rife with IGD

If I remember correctly, they actually rushed a remaster job and didn't make any indication on it other than what would have been new etchings in the deadwax from the new cut. I'm pretty sure what we are calling the 2014 edition (thank you, discogs) is really  just the rushed remaster due to all the complaints from the 2012 debacle. I think the 2012's were still populating shelves side by side with the fixed one but by the time there were copies available again after being gone in 2014 everything available was the fixed one.

...AAAAAAAANNNNND:

"You've maybe heard the saying "Anticipation is an important part of life. The idea of waiting for something makes it more exciting." We'd like to ship Smashing Pumpkins/Mellon Collie & The Infinite Sadness, that you ordered this second; unfortunately it's currently sold out. If you can stand the anticipation a bit longer, we'll cancel this item order - BUT - we're happy to notify you when the product comes back in stock, and you can reorder it then. If you paid for this order with a credit card you have not been charged, we do not charge until your order ships. If you paid with Paypal you will be issued a refund within 72 hours.

We are no longer going to offer backordered products for sale at acousticsounds.com. We hope this customer reminder system we're instituting avoids long order delays and mounting frustration by customers seeking popular hard-to-find titles or audio gear. Especially for our international customers, whose orders must be filled in total before that order ships.

Again, we're sorry the item you ordered is sold out and not currently available. Rest assured, when it comes back in stock we'll notify you that it's available so that you can reorder. Thanks for being an acousticsounds.com customer and letting us serve you.

Acoustic Sounds, Inc.
Customer Service
"

Blow me down. Dear John'd on that one. If any of you who ordered after I posted the link get it then congratulations. Maybe I'll actually GET ON this whole contact the label strategy now.

13 hours ago, mcpherson123 said:

If I remember correctly, they actually rushed a remaster job and didn't make any indication on it other than what would have been new etchings in the deadwax from the new cut. I'm pretty sure what we are calling the 2014 edition (thank you, discogs) is really  just the rushed remaster due to all the complaints from the 2012 debacle. I think the 2012's were still populating shelves side by side with the fixed one but by the time there were copies available again after being gone in 2014 everything available was the fixed one.

This is my memory as well.

1 hour ago, youspinmeround said:

I can't believe that people think 10 years later someone is replacing a copy of their record for free, as if the intent of this repress was for that issue. They corrected and offered replacements for the issue way back. 

BTW, my copy never had IGD on it

Think about which side of capital your mindset is conditioned to protect and defend. Hint: its not the consumer. Even if you're caught up in the issue of likelihood based on a pragmatic view that insinuates the tendency of a large business to blow off a person who was delivered a poorly manufactured that was acknowledged as poor and re-manufactured from scratch just because its been 10 years. Think about whose side you're taking by default and reconsider the utility of defending the party that you definitely don't belong to in a categorical and economic sense. I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that you are not worldwide corporate record label.